We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best bet w/teens, hotel,apt., or?!?

Moorpark, CA
Level Contributor
41 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Best bet w/teens, hotel,apt., or?!?

We will be traveling to Italia June/July. I have some family in Naples & Agropoli, & want to also do Capri, so concidering Sorrento for central location. Not sure which way to go, in regards to hotel/apt.- 2 girls 21 & 16- they can get bored, & don't want to be isolated. Also, not renting a car so that is a factor. Thank you for ANY info/help. carol

Gradyville...
Level Contributor
274 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best bet w/teens, hotel,apt., or?!?

Sorrento is really a nice, safe, central location. We have visited there several times (without a car) and can always get around. It will be very warm there. Selecting a hotel with a pool is a MUST. The most central location is the historic area around Piazza Tasso, (which is an area your girls will love because of the inexpensive shopping, many places to eat, and all the gelaterias, close to the port, etc. My daughter, who is 21 now, loves it there, and always says, "I stay here forever." One day, we happened to find a postcard which said just that: '"I stay here forever." Hopefully, your girls will feel the same way, too.) while the area with the most beautiful view, (in my estimation) is a bit of a hike (15 minutes) up the Via Capo. Wherever you stay, go the extra, and get a room with a view of the Bay of Naples, and swimming pool facilities. (Beaches are not what we in America are accustomed to -- mostly rocky, or volcanic soil).

Gradyville...
Level Contributor
274 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best bet w/teens, hotel,apt., or?!?

P.S. There is a cute, inexpensive clothing store where my daughter usually finds a lot of things (many under $6 or $8). I believe it's called Poseidon (not 100% sure). To get there from Piazza Tasso, take the Corso Italia (heading towards, and passing by Piazza Lauro). About 2 blocks passed Piazza Lauro, make a left onto Viale Nizza. The store is about a block down on the right-hand side. While I am sure the selection there is sometimes hit and miss, I don't think they will be disappointed if they are hunting for bargains.

Hawkinge, United...
Level Contributor
320 posts
430 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best bet w/teens, hotel,apt., or?!?

Hi

I'm going in October also with two girls - 16 and 17. After a lot of looking I've decided to get an apartment in Sorrento. Mainly because it gives us all a bit more space. I'm not renting a car either and we are going to do a lot of sightseeing in the day, so I wanted to be near the station. I know the girls will enjoy the shopping and the atmosphere in the evenings more than if we stayed "up the hill", although a couple of the hotels just out of town look fantastic, I think we will have had enough of buses etc by the evening.

I found this site

www.sorrentodreams.com

which has quite a few apartments of all types - some of them are very central near Piazzo Tasso. And also some have swimming pools. Maybe not so key for us in October but important for you in July.

Hope you find something that suits you.

Allie

Moorpark, CA
Level Contributor
41 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best bet w/teens, hotel,apt., or?!?

Thank you very much, this is helping me to finally pull it together.

Kamloops, BC...
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best bet w/teens, hotel,apt., or?!?

Hi -

With teens, my vote is always for an apartment. They usually have a little more room and the unending snack requirement is much better served in an apartment.

6. Re: Best bet w/teens, hotel,apt., or?!?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 18:18