We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My Sorrento Wedding at Villa Fondi

Haywards Heath...
Level Contributor
26 posts
18 reviews
13 helpful votes
My Sorrento Wedding at Villa Fondi

Have just returned from Sorrento which was so so beautiful. Got married through Thomson who were great other than the common problem of not receiving wedding date til quite late, married 26/6 received date mid feb.Venue Villa Fondi which was perfect (not so many prying eyes like the Cloisters)and requested photograper & mandollin/guitar thru Thomson to play along which were great fun.Had pre-reception drinks at Foreigners Club(organised the week before) then went along to Ristorante San Antonino for the sit down meal followed by quite a party (http://www.weddingsorrento.com). I cannot recommend this place more, it is so reasonable, you get the most fantastic food, all tables decorated with flowers,menus and an unbelievable wedding cake.Luigi, the owner makes you feel so welcome and he can also organise music for the evening @ 150 Euros.If you contact Luigi early enough he also has use of a villa with terrace overlooking the bay which can be used for an outdoor reception, saw photos of this looked great and also very central to Sorrento.My hairdresser Peppino&Mirella opp.Hotel Imperial Tramontano organised through Thomson, I had a trial at the salon then she came to hotel on morning @125 Euros. There are so many hairdressers in Sorrento(all closed on Mondays), you could probably get this cheaper yourself by having a look around but it seemed the easier option so I could stay on my sunbed at the Grand Hotel Capodimonte which I would recommend also, fantastic staff and great food. I organised my own transport thru Emilio Esposito 00 39 338 9364027 http://www.taxisorrento.com/ who was most reliable for my wedding day and for airport transfers.

Sorry if I waffled on but I wanted to cover all the things I was looking for when I have been looking this site. Good Luck to all future brides&grooms out there. Feel free to ask me any questions.

mold
1 post
1 review
1 helpful vote
1. Re: My Sorrento Wedding at Villa Fondi

hello, penskate here.

i am getting married 31st july at villa fondi i sorrento and am looking for hairdressers, we are staying at the the grand hotel royal and am bit worried as thomson have given very little information to me with regard hairdressers etc. and was in a complete panic, but felt very refreshed to read your report.you sound as though you had a wonderful time am i am hoping it all goes to plan for us. we have our son with us and just our parents attending the wedding.many thanks for your help.

Manchester
2 posts
2. Re: My Sorrento Wedding at Villa Fondi

Hi there Thomsgirl,

Can I just ask you to describe the Villa Fondi for me - What's the location like? How long did the ceremony last? Did this feel like your special day? Would it be possible for you to maybe send me a picture so I can see what Villa Fondi looks like as there are none on the net. We're thinking of getting married in Italy next year but feel so confused by it all and as you can appreciate it is a big decision to make!!

Thank You

(lorinightingale@hotmail.co.uk)

Newquay, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
31 reviews
28 helpful votes
3. Re: My Sorrento Wedding at Villa Fondi

Hi Thomgirl

Congratulations! I'm so pleased to read your report......we're getting married at Villa Fondi at 5pm on 08/08/08. We finally decided on Sorrento after looking at Lake Garda for ages and know we've made the right choice going withj Villa Fondi rather tahn Cloisters(gut feeling) and your experience just confirms it!

Would you mind sending me a photo or two of the venue/ceremony.

Also what time of day did you get married? Was it very hot??

Thanks for anything you can send.

We're having the reception at Bellevue Syrene hotel, so will be needing transport back to centre of Sorrento for us and guests after ceremony and will definitely be contacting Emilio fnearer the time or quotes as would be happier using someone we know is reliable

Thanks in advance

Collette (col_dolan@hotmail.com)

rugby
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
3 helpful votes
4. Re: My Sorrento Wedding at Villa Fondi

hey Thomgirl i'm panicing now i'm getting married on a Monday and you put in your post that all hairdressers are closed!!! will they still come out on a Monday?

hx
1 post
2 reviews
5. Re: My Sorrento Wedding at Villa Fondi

hi thomgirl

we are looking into getting married in august 2008 in sorento, thomsons seem to be the best from initial phone calls etc but still seem to be getting differing reports re how long you have to be in italy before the ceremony? thomson also say the date will only be confirmed earliest 3 months before and they cannot confirm if 1st or 2nd week which creates potential probs with guests, did you have simular issues? and how did you arrange the reception was this thru thomsons or recomendation?

any advice would be apreciated, many thanks.

harrow
Level Contributor
600 posts
6. Re: My Sorrento Wedding at Villa Fondi

There are Italian rules as to how long you need to be in Italy before the wedding and there are also Thomson rules!!!!

Italian rules-----there is no official time required.

Thomson rules------as long as possible because they need to make money and also don't want too much hastle in having to confirm things too far in advance.

A large company is not ideal if you want a bespoke wedding.

They are fairly standard packages. How can you do a package wedding'

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
9 helpful votes
7. Re: My Sorrento Wedding at Villa Fondi

Hi Thomgirl,

We are getting married in Sorrento next June and I really enjoyed your post. We have just visited Soreento and Positano over the last 5 days and I am so glad i did that before going for the actual day. I have been seriously tossing up Villa Fondi compared to The Cloisters so this has helped. May I ask how many people you had at your wedding and also if you have any photos you can share of the day?

liverpool
1 post
8. Re: My Sorrento Wedding at Villa Fondi

Hi there

I have just booked my wedding at the villa fondi for next year and i cannot find any pictures on the venue. The brochure picture isn't very good - do you know any good sites with pictures i can look at.

Thanks

Bilborough, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
8 helpful votes
9. Re: My Sorrento Wedding at Villa Fondi

Hi all,

I need advice too as there are no pics of this venue. All reports are good as it seems to be less commercial than Cloisters, although I've been told that it's rap[idly becoming more & more popular because of this reason. Thomgirl, if you have any pics that you may wish to share then please please do fwd them onto me as this will be Soooooo much appreciated.

Many thanx,

Mands.

devon UK
Level Contributor
170 posts
7 reviews
40 helpful votes
10. Re: My Sorrento Wedding at Villa Fondi

I got married in Ravello on the amalfi coast (i know this is not Sorrento) but take a look at www.wagnertours.it. Mario did an amazing job and you can be there for as little as 4 days if you want - but we did Capri Postiano Sorrento and everything in the trip.

Ravello less busy than Sorrento

Enjoy whatever you do xx

© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.