We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding August 07

Which Sorrento hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Warrington
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding August 07

Hi

Can anyone help?!

I have booked to get married on 20th August at Cloisters. Booked through Thomas Cook and they have been a joke from start to nearly the end!

Asked for an afternoon wedding and have just been told that been allocated 10am which is far too early have 30 guests booked and all have to get there etc. IThomas Cook have apparently known since January 07. have been told that the Town Hall said that they can't fit me in any other time does anyone have a number or contact i could speak to as i don' believe Thomas Cook one little bit!

thanks everybody

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
767 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding August 07

Hi.

I have attached the reply to an earlier forum post:

"the phone number of the lady at Sorrento Town Hall is 081-5335254 direct line. Her name is Marisca and she is really very pleasant.

She has given all U.K. tour operators the times of the weddings on January 8th 2006 and cann't understand why they are not sharing this info with people like yourself.

Hope you manage to get sorted out."

Hope this helps, good luck. You'll still have a great time I'm sure.

NikkiJ

Warrington
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding August 07

Thanks so much I will try and ring now and let you know how I get on

south wales
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding August 07

Hi, I am not getting married until May 08 at Villa Fondi and been given a rough date?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!no help at all, but no time? I have been told that they will not allocate a time until you get there? I booked through The Travel Counsellors and the wedding is with First Choice. Even though one girl on this site has said she has her date and time for August 2008! HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

UK
Level Contributor
84 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding August 07

I booked my, sorry, our, wedding for next Sept through the lovely Alessandra at Book of Dreams. The system she told us was as follows:

We chose 3 dates/times, and then she will present our dates to the town hall in December 2007 who in turn confirm to all planners which weddings will take place on which days and times depending on availability. I am waiting for confirmation in January.

I am under the impression this is the same for all planners - both independent and the tour operator ones.

My friend knew the date in advance, but was given a time on arrival - 10am - totally unfair system. That was through Thomson I believe.

:-)

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
767 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding August 07

Hi CurlyClaire.

I'm afraid First Choice will not tell you the date until quite some time after Jan and as for the exact time on the day that could be just before you arrive in Italy.

If you choose a local sorrento planner they will know well in advance of your date and time. If its not too late perhaps use a planner instead of First Choice, it will make it far easier all round and far less stressful. It will also mean if you get a date well in advance it makes it easier for your guests to book their trips.

You may lose your deposit but i do believe it will be money well spent. You could still use First Choice for the flight and hotel package.

Try www.bookofdreams.com and www.thatsamoreweddings.com, they both have had good reviews.

Sorry to add to your dilemma!!

Regards

NikkiJ

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
3,530 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding August 07

Don't worry folks this is how Sorrento weddings are treated by the large tour operators.

No point in changing to a smaller local planner now if you have already paid the big boys money.

Get in touch with me in January and I'll call my contact at the town hall who is the person Nicky quotes. Think she got this from one of my previous posts.

I have fluent Italian and a few contacts there to work the system.

I have no problem in calling for you as I am sure a good few people will vouch for.

Calm down it is early days but don't leave things till the last minute.

Touch base with me here again end of January and I'll get the info for you.

Meantime don't get stressed.

Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding August 07

Hi

Sorry if it was me quoting date & time of our wedding that has added to all your worries. We are using Italian wedding planners (Michela at Romeo & Juliet Weddings) and she has been superb. We were a bit worried that we had been given a date and time when so many others hadn't - also ther word "provisional" made us wonder how reliable the date & time we had were.

So we queried this with Michela and she reassured us with the following -

Regarding the date,

I made a provisional booking for your wedding of Aug 8th 08 at 5pm.

The person at the Registrar confirmed me the provisional booking. They reserve the right to make little adjustement in times at the beginning of 2008, but I can grant you that the wedding day is confirmed from now.

AT the worst case it might be a little change of timing (4,30 instead of 5pm or 5,30pm instead of 5pm), but these are exceptional cases

This response (early June 2007) has left us feeling alot more confident & Thomgirls photos of her wedding at Villa Fondi and another reviewers report on their wedding reception at Bellevue Syrene has left us so happy with our choices.

I do think it is the British Tour Operators who are making life more difficult fir you than it need be. Surely they realise that the date and time of your ceremony is the most vital part of your panning!!

Good luck all & keep hassling them

south wales
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding August 07

Thank you so much everyone! it is making me go nuts! plus I am selling my house - it's way to much for my little Welsh brain to take!

Ecosseresurgam - thank you sooooooooooooo much, I did actually try to ring that number quoted earlier however "SHE NO SPEAK ENGLISH"! LOL!

Shall be in touch!

9. Re: Wedding August 07

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 13:21