We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Sorrento to Rome

Which Sorrento hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
u.k
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Sorrento to Rome

Can anyone tell me how much a return journey costs and how long it takes? Thanks

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Sorrento to Rome

Last October it cost 20 euro pp one way and took just about 4 hours. Very comfortable. Made a few rolling stops leaving Sorrento to pick up of a handful of passengers and one 10 minute break on the autostrada.

u.k
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Sorrento to Rome

Did you book your ticket before hand and if so how long before .Does this bus get very busy? Thanks

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Sorrento to Rome

No, did not reserve tickets in advance. Simply showed up at 5:50 AM at the bus stop on Corso Italia. Risk Steve's book said the bus stop was at Piazza Tasso, our hotel told us the stop was at Piaza Laurel. Our hotel was on Corso Italia, the opposite end as P. Tasso with P. Laurel in between. So we headed up Corso Italia toward Piazza Tasso and found the bus about midway, right in front of a bank. (I did see a map somewhere that showed P. Laurel just about in this spot but on the other side of Corso Italia.) It's lights were on, it said Marozzi on the side and I confirmed with the driver it was headed to Rome. I paid the driver on the spot, he provided a receipt. The bus wasn't even half full but it was mid October. We were deposited at Rome's Tiburtina where we caught a taxi to our lodgings. Beware those taxi drivers. Make sure they are legit. The first guy quoted me 40 euro to go from Tiburtina to a block from the Trevi. Well from reading this forum I knew the guy was not legit, his car had no markings on it. A legal taxi got me where I was headed for 14 euro.

4. Re: Bus from Sorrento to Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 07:17