We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Naples Airport to Sorrento

Scotland
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
3 helpful votes
Transfer from Naples Airport to Sorrento

We arrive at Naples airport in April at 19 50 and have to get to Sorrento. The last direct bus appears to be at 19 30 so any suggestions for alternative methods using public transport.

Sorrento
Level Contributor
678 posts
1. Re: Transfer from Naples Airport to Sorrento

Hi Fergie,

On a budget basis, you can take the bus form Naples airport to the Naples Train Station and take the circumvesuviana Regional Train to Sorrento.

Or take a taxi to the Train Station.

If you do not mind spending some money, you can hire a private transfer, around 160 Euros.

Hope this helps,

Cinthya

2. Re: Transfer from Naples Airport to Sorrento

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

What are forum guidelines?
portland, oregon
2 posts
3. Re: Transfer from Naples Airport to Sorrento

Hello, we are having the same issue.

We arrive at the Naples airport at 2200 and would like advice on staying in Naples that night or trying to get to Sorrento. Our preference would be to go to Sorrento where we will be staying for 5 days and not have to change hotels just for one night.

Any advice?

Thank you

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
810 posts
89 reviews
73 helpful votes
4. Re: Transfer from Naples Airport to Sorrento

Hi,

We used http://WWW.Johnnystourservice.com and www.seahorse.com. If I remember correctly we paid 70 euros one way last year.

We also used Johnnystourservice for a day trip along the amalfi coast. I can really recommend them!!

NikkiJ

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
80 reviews
189 helpful votes
5. Re: Transfer from Naples Airport to Sorrento

Can't comment on public transport as we have never used it ourselves.

Recommend a private transfer as the journey even then takes over 45 mins.

http://www.autoservizidemartino.com

e-mail. admlimo@tiscalinet.it

Engligh speaking driver will meet you in Arrivals with your name on a sign - nice air conditioned Mercedes or similar. 80 euros one way. Whatever you do don't just get in a metred taxi as it will cost you a fortune - as we found to our cost once when our accommodation arranged our transfer back to Naples and we didn't realise that this is what she had called! 200 euros - what?!

Sorrento
Level Contributor
678 posts
6. Re: Transfer from Naples Airport to Sorrento

Look, we help people everyday with private transfer. We just did one last week and the rate was 180 euros.

It was for a 10pm flight form Naples to Sorrento.

There are some posting regarding people paying 70 and 80 euros, I do not have any names of people that work around here that charge that. But you can alwys try.

Thanks,

Cinthya

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
80 reviews
189 helpful votes
7. Re: Transfer from Naples Airport to Sorrento

We paid 80 euros one way like I said last March - can't imagine that prices have doubled in 10 months.

We also paid 100 euros one way last June and September by booking through the Hotel Grand Royal and 90 euros one way last November by booking through the Hotel Antiche Mura. Perhaps Cinthya should try ringing around different companies for cheaper prices or perhaps she is quoting for a return journey? I can assure you these prices are correct.

Sorrento
Level Contributor
678 posts
8. Re: Transfer from Naples Airport to Sorrento

There are few things to consider:

Private transfers are different in price depending on several factors:

- arrival location: Naples train station or Naples airport

- time of arrival - supplement charge for nighttime

- number of people and amount of luggage

- type of vehicle (cars, mercedes, vans)

- majority of hotels do carry this service that is quite affordable for people staying there.

We have to consider that gas and toll fees are higher as the petrol barrel has been to the roof. Prices did increase from september-october, you can even see with the train fares around here in Italy.

The cost of life is higher, unfortunately, and this is affecting a lot.

Unfortuantely, I do not do bookings, I just give on reccomended services from people that have taken.

I can take by this one last week that we helped the tourist to call and they paid directly to the driver 160 euros.

It is a question of quoting and depending on the dates that guests arrive.

Fergie, the other option is to get the bus from Naples airport to Naples train station and hop on the Circumvesuviana from Naples to Sorrento (Regional Train System). This is probably the most ecomomic option. Here is the info about the bus form the airport to the train station in Naples: http://www.gesac.it/en/alibus.html

Hope this helps.

Cinthya

Sorrento
Level Contributor
678 posts
9. Re: Transfer from Naples Airport to Sorrento

ooops, sorry I typed 160 instead of 180....

Thanks,

Cinthya

sorrento
10 posts
10. Re: Transfer from Naples Airport to Sorrento

Fergie there is a big difference if you hire direct a private drivers then doing trought hotels or travel company because you must pay extra commission, so if there is one try to dissuade you to not use private drivers, because probably they do not take any advantage.

contacting direct some drivers you know what you want, but for the rest it is up to you.

© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.