We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it hot enough to swim in late June??

New York
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Is it hot enough to swim in late June??

I am leaving for the Amalfi Coast in 4 days and it seems that the weather is only in the high 70's.

Can anyone tell me if it is hot enough to swim?

I was under the impression that Italy gets very hot in June, July and August, so I'm hoping so.

Thank very much.

Fuorigrotta...
Level Contributor
289 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it hot enough to swim in late June??

it's hot enough to want to swim but the sea water temperature might be too cool for some...pools will be fine.

i just got back from sardinia and we swam in the sea there but i am scottish and had no problems - my boyfriend from naples found it too cool at times for him; my mother who loves swimming in the north sea would have probably said it was too warm (!). It depends on you. The weather is playing up a little right now though - it keeps changing. Sun, hot, humid; cloud, humid; rain, humid. Fingers crossed for you. Italy can/does get very hot and they're predicting very hot july/august like a couple of years ago...but june's always less fiery.

New York
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it hot enough to swim in late June??

Thank so much...I'll be sure to at least try braving the cool sea water!

Knoxville, TN
Destination Expert
for Interlaken
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it hot enough to swim in late June??

We just returned from Italy about 4 days ago which meant we were swimming in the sea in Sorrento about 1.5 weeks ago. The weather is definitely warm enough to swim. The sea water was cool enough to make me gasp when I entered, but I had already made up my mind that I was going swimming so it really didn't matter to me.

Get answers to your questions about Sorrento
Recent Conversations