We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Naples to Sorrento

Kansas City
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Topic
Travel from Naples to Sorrento

I will be visiting Sorrento in June. I will be flying in to Naples. What is the best way to get to Sorrento from the Naples airport? And I'm staying at the Hilton in Sorrento. Once I get to Sorrento what is the best way to get to the Hilton?

Thank you!

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,440 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Naples to Sorrento

The Crreri Bus is the best option,

www.curreriviaggi.it.

but there are not a lot of Nuses a day,

9.00. 11.30. 13.00. 14.30. 16.30. 19.30. cost appox €6 this goes to the Piazza Tasso area, you would then ned a Taxi to the Hotel.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Naples to Sorrento

Thanks! Where do I go to find the Crerri bus? And how long will the ride take?

Kansas City
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Naples to Sorrento

I'm sorry, I didn't see any text in your reply. Where do I go to find the Crerri bus? And how long will the ride take? Thank you!

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Naples to Sorrento

Hi, I had to get from Naples to Sorrento and had been told to catch the local train. I would never do that again. My bag was yanked from me while waiting to board the train, luckily I retrieve it from the thief and the train itself was full of pickpocketers and suspicious looking men. The train was packed, dirty and the worse experience I had in Italy. In fact that was the only bad experience I had the rest was wonderful. Just a warning if you are considering catching the local train.

Linz
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Naples to Sorrento

You can find the timetable at Curreri's website:

www.curreriviaggi.it

--> Shuttle Service APT Capodichino

Departure from Naples Airport in front of the arrivals hall at:

09.00 11.30 13.00 14.30 16.30 19.30, travel time 1:15h

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from Naples to Sorrento

Another option if you're not on a budget I would suggest you contact the Hilton directly and they can arrange a private car transfer for you. You will be met in Arrivals by an English speaking driver with your name on a sign and taken straight to the Hilton in a comfortable air conditioned car. Cost varies from 80 euros - 100 euros one way and we find it well worth it!

J30
Europe
Level Contributor
707 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel from Naples to Sorrento

The Curreri bus leaves from Stazione Tiburtina in Rome.

Sorrento
Level Contributor
678 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel from Naples to Sorrento

You can take the bus from Naples Airport and arrive directly at Sorrento train Station (7 euros per person), then you can either take a local bus to the Hilton (Linea E) or take a taxi, or even walk (good 15 min walk).

If you decide to take the train. Take the Alibus from the Naples (3 euros pp) and get off at Garibaldi Square and take the Circumversuviana bus.

I have written a whole paragraph about that on Trip advisor and here is the link !

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187782-c83459/Sorren…

Hope this helps.

Cinthya

Level Contributor
83 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel from Naples to Sorrento

We used Gianpiro Fiorentino for a day tour and to trasfer from Naples-Sorrento . His email: info@gianpierofiorentino.com

He has a brand new Mercedes Mini-Van which was comfortable. If you email him he will get back to you right away. His English is very good and his knowledge of the area is great. He lives in Sorrento. We also used him as a private tour for 7 hours one day. He took us through the Almafi coast tour and then into the hills to a experience a really great local resturaunt that you couldn't find on your own. I'd highly recommend him!

10. Re: Travel from Naples to Sorrento

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 12:24