We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Capri & Amalfi in one day from Sorrento?

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Capri & Amalfi in one day from Sorrento?

Any suggestions on how to put together seeing the Amalfi Coast & the island of Capri in the same day starting from Sorrento. Should we take a hydrofoil from Marina in Sorrento to Capri first? See Capri (how long needed there?) Then, take a hydrofoil to Amalfi coast roam around town and then take a bus back to Plz. Tasso. Does anyone think I should see other towns or does this sound good?

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Capri & Amalfi in one day from Sorrento?

If you only have one day personally would do one or the other - either Amalfi Coast or Capri. Amalfi Coast would do it for me (Positano, Amalfi, Ravello) unless you want the expensive designer shopping and people watching of Capri with hopefully a visit to the grotto and chairlift ride in AnaCapri. Not time to do it all in a day.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,226 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Capri & Amalfi in one day from Sorrento?

I agree 100 % with Newboldbobs on this one, too much for one day,

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Capri & Amalfi in one day from Sorrento?

Should I consider just taking a scenic cruise from Sorrento along the coast to Positano and then driving back somehow or vise versa. Are there boats that do that? What does something like that cost? How is transportation like from Positano to Sorrento?

Basically, you say to forget about getting off in Capri!

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Capri & Amalfi in one day from Sorrento?

Unless you into serious cloths shopping view Possitano from the sea and travel onto Amalfi you can visit the town then take the Bus up to Ravello [15mins] or Go to Capri for the whole day.

FL
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Capri & Amalfi in one day from Sorrento?

Just returned and had a great time with my family in Sorrento. We decided to hire a wonderful cab driver we met to tour the Amalfi Coast. We visited Postintano, Amalfi, and Ravello. Our driver took us to a wonderful restaurant in Ravello with a great view. Each town has a different setting. We originally planned on taking the bus, but after talking with the driver we worked out a price of 100 eur. and I'm so happy we did. He explained things for us stopped for pictures and was great. We also took him to lunch with us and enjoyed his company. He gave us a tour of Ravello and we headed back to Sorrento. It was a full day. One of the advantages we had in Postintano is that he dropped us off and picked us up right in the town as upposed to having to walk from where the buses drop you off. We went to Capri the next day on our own. No need for a tour just a good book and map. I don't think I would do both in one day. If I had to pick one I would visit the Amalfi Coast. Capri to us was too touristy. The view was nice and the church in Ana Capri was nice but not much else. We much preferred walking around the Amalfi Coast towns. What ever you decide have a great trip.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
131 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Capri & Amalfi in one day from Sorrento?

Just back from the area. Logistically, you can not do both in one day. You are bound by boat and bus schedules as well as the sheer amount of time that it takes even if you didn't actually see anything at Capri or the Amalfi coast towns. Just can't be done.

Sorrento
Level Contributor
678 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Capri & Amalfi in one day from Sorrento?

Hey, stay one extra day and do BOTH !

I am sure everyone will agree with me !

Capri - one full day needed

Amalfi Coast - you can do in a long day Ravello, Amalfi and Positano

Take Care

Cinthya

8. Re: Capri & Amalfi in one day from Sorrento?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 04:17