We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap B&B in Sorrento

Which Sorrento hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, UK
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cheap B&B in Sorrento

I have been looking for some cheaper hotels, B&B's than the ones mentioned on here as the 4* ones are so pricey...any one got any suggestions? there are some bungalows on a campsite but i just dont know if you get what you pay for??

£200 a night is like The Savoy hotel in London price!!!

HayleyLondon

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
45,842 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap B&B in Sorrento

This may help.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187782-i162-k1970…

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
760 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap B&B in Sorrento

Hi,

I think you generally get what you pay for. You can search on TA by price, have you tried that? Whats you budget per night?

Villa Oriana Relais gets good reviews and seems to be very reasonable.

NikkiJ

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap B&B in Sorrento

Try www.homeholidays.com

I have booked through this site three times, once for Sardinia, once for Sicily and now for Sorrento.

In Sardinia during the month of October we paid £200 for an apartment in Alghero. It had two bedroms, two bathrooms, lounge, kitchen and two balcony's.

In sicily during the first week of February this year, we stayed 15km from Catania in a village on the seafront. This also cost £200 for a week and had a double bedroom, bathroom, open plan kitchen/diner/small lounge and walk around balcony on three sides with full size dining table (8 seater)and built in barbecue outside. Upstairs was a converted loft area with toilet and large open plan lounge with three single beds.

In both these properties, the owners filled the larder and the fridge with a vatiety of groceries, cerals, beer, wine, milk etc at no extra cost.

On 30th May we have 8 nights in Sorrento. We are staying in a privately owned farmhouse at the back of Sorrento that has been recently converted into three apartments. I have been in regular contact with the owners (a brother and sister) who have corresponded with me as if I am a long lost friend. (This was the same kind of welcome that we received from the owners when we stayed in Sicily). They have promised that there will be groceries waiting for us and will also arrange to pick us up when we arrive. They also transport guests down to the harbour whenever they want to catch a ferry. The cost of this is 460 euros for a week with the extra day added free. (When we booked last year while the pound was strong this equated to £320).

I would always try to use the above website to book accommodation in Italy as you get so many benefits along with great prices. An apartment has more room than B&B's or hotels, you generally get a good selection of food included and you meet some really nice, genuine local people.

Bartlesville, OK
Level Contributor
26 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap B&B in Sorrento

I went to www.homeholidays.com and it is for Whistler, BC. Maybe the wrong site was posted? I am also in need of a night's stay in Sorrento for a family of five.

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap B&B in Sorrento

Sorry - my mistake. The website is:

www.homelidays.com

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap B&B in Sorrento

How about self catering apartments? Check out www.villaterrazza.it for the website of the Villa. Situated on the cliff edge in a great position with stunning views of Vesuvius and the Bay of Naples. In the old part of town with self - contained apartments varying in size. We stayed in Il Faito and really liked it. Andrea the owner is really friendly and helpful - incidentally they also host wedding receptions there with the catering done by Antoninios - a family run restaurant in town.

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap B&B in Sorrento

If you want cheap but luxurious, stay at www.ulissedeluxe.com , a hostel but looks like a luxurious 4-star hotel. Impressive big lobby. They have dormitories for 25 Euro but also double rooms. On some hotel booking websites like www.venere.com (do some googling for more) you find good prices. Also on www.hostels.com and www.hostelz.com .

It is quite close to the town centre, towards Marina Grande, in a quiet location. From this hostel you can have a very nice walk to the centre through quiet alleys.

8. Re: Cheap B&B in Sorrento

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 18:18