We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

April trip to Amalfi Coast

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
441 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
April trip to Amalfi Coast

I will be travelling to the Amalfi Coast in late April in a group of eight people. We will have about 7 days in the area and would normally divide that time between 2 or 3 locations. We generally like to get out and see alot, and eat well. I would also like to take at least one extended day trip to Basilicata if that is feasible.Can you suggest which towns might serve as a base for us. Thanks

Positano
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: April trip to Amalfi Coast

My first reaction is that Basilicata is too far for a day trip.

Late April is when the tourist season gets underway but the ferries may or may not be running depending on the weather. Positano or Praiano are a good base as they are halfway between Sorrento and Amalfi/Ravello. Or you may want to stay in Sorrento if you intend visiting Pompei, Capri, Ischia.

2. Re: April trip to Amalfi Coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 08:18
Get answers to your questions about Sorrento
Recent Conversations