We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

English food in sorrento

Which Sorrento hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
West Midlands
7 posts
Save Topic
English food in sorrento

Hi there,

I have just booked my honeymoon in Italy and wondered if anyone could tell me if there was any places they do english food. I have read reviews about The English Inn and Chaplins but there as been no mention of food. My husband to be is a very funny eater and I am a bit worried. Can anyone plaese help??

Thanks Amanda a worried bride to be xxxxx

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,006 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: English food in sorrento

Really it is not a problem, Sorreto is very accustomed to English tastes, places usually have Menus outside so you can see what is on offer,

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: English food in sorrento

English food as in steak, chips, triangle sandwiches (!), then yes.

If you are looking for a full English breakfast, fish and chips, burgers, baked beans etc. then no, not that I know of - although I think the English Inn does advertise this sort of thing. (Have never eaten there personally.)

However, there is a wide range of choice in restaurants - not only pizza and pasta - and I don't think your husband will go hungry!

Sorrento, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sorrento
Level Contributor
646 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: English food in sorrento

No English food in Sorrento (except what mentioned by Newboldbobs), even the English Inn doesn't make proper English food (and I think there are better places in Sorrento, where you can eat - my personal taste). At Chaplin's they don't serve food.

I don't think it will be possible that he won't find anything that he likes, anyway..

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,006 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: English food in sorrento

There is a Cafe / Bar which had a board out side stating Full English Breakfast, I saw this in Sorrento a couple of years ago, it was on the Corso Italia, quite near the Hotel Flora where we were staying, to be honest it was one of the things that made me realise Sorrento just was not what it was..a shame,

Glastonbury, United...
Level Contributor
291 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: English food in sorrento

We have just got back from Sorrento,and I am also a funny eater,we checked menu's before we went in and they all done steaks and chicken and you order what you want with it.snacks for lunch was like cheese and bacon on like a thick piece of hot bread or other toppings,tasty.He should be fine.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: English food in sorrento

Amanda

What does he like to eat then maybe people can suggest places for you to go. Are you half board and thinking of lunches out or restaurants for evening meals?

See you in the English Inn next week AnarKhaos! Not!

West Midlands
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: English food in sorrento

Thanks to everyone who has replied.

He is so fussy!!

He doesn't eat fish, eggs, bacon, cheese, beans, pizza, pasta. It's probably easier to list what he does eat. He loves his steak and chips and he also likes chicken. We are half board in our hotel, but i'm really just making sure there is something out and about incase he dont like the hotel food.

Amanda x

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: English food in sorrento

My dear baggiebird -- with dietary guidelines like that, you are going to the wrong country entirely for your honeymoon! Come to the United States, for heaven's sake! We know meat and potatoes!! :-)

Sheffield England
Level Contributor
3 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: English food in sorrento

Hi Amanda

Have you considered going to Sorrento but marrying someone else ! (Just kidding)

I got back 2 days ago. Don't know if Chaplins does food - it is a very small Irish bar (but it might)

The English Inn is a little 'rough' looking.

Da(s) Giginos is a fab restaurant down one of the main side streets (if that's not a contradiction)

I had chips there (by accident- ordered fried potatoes-which really were fried potatoes in La Lanterna)Fish pasta pizza all obviously very accessible. Chicken veal steak easy to get but think he may struggle a little bit.He could always fatten up on desserts ! You will love though.Enjoy

Tracey

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
3,530 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: English food in sorrento

Seems so silly to come to Italy and expect to eat English food!!

Sorry but how about Blackpool?lol

Sorrento I suppose is not all that authentic Italian and has become very touristy so you should be fine.