We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good restaurants in Sorrento and Positano

Which Sorrento hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Good restaurants in Sorrento and Positano

Need some advice on good restaurants in Sorrento and Positano. Am going there in September for big birthday celebrations. I was in Sorrento 2 years ago and besides The Tonnerlla, which was spectacular, I couldnt find another nice restaurant in Sorrento. Need some help for Positano as well. Any info wud be much appreciated.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Good restaurants in Sorrento and Positano

I don't know any good restaurants but I will be going to Positano in May for the first time. Where are you staying? Any recommendations? Also are you planning on renting a car?

Somerset, UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good restaurants in Sorrento and Positano

Can I recommend O'Parrucchiano's in the Corso near English Inn and Chaplin's? Just come back from another holiday with all evening meals there.

It's the biggest and arguably the best in town. It's where cannelloni was invented. The restaurant is not visible from the street but is accessed through the entrance and up the historic stairs. Then you get to the beautiful lemon garden where meals are taken. Owned by Enzo Maniello (part of the Gruppo Maniello hotel group including four hotels in town), the unassuming maitre d', with an excellent set of waiters including Nando, our personal favourite, who has served us well for many years, nothing is too much trouble. In fact if you want something off the extensive menu like gateau di patato or maccheroni au gratin, they will make it up for you the following night!

Most nights there are wedding parties there, but there is so much room you hardly notice them. Best compliment I can make is the committed number of top Sorrentines who frequent the place!

Lancashire
Level Contributor
133 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good restaurants in Sorrento and Positano

I am travelling to Sorrento tomorrow and this is my 7th visit. Undoubtedly the best restaurant in Sorrento is Caruso's which is just off the Piazzo Tasso. The food is 1st class with a fab wine list, the service is second to none and my husband and I always done there a couple times whilst on our two week holiday.

If you want a restaurant which is casual then try the Lanterna on the right hand side down the main drain up some steps - there is a small sign indicating where the restaurant is.

Also the restaurant at the Hotel Excelsior Vittoria is pretty good - jacket and tie is essential here.

As far as positano is concerned, the Black Cat on the beach front is superb and serves the best fish I have ever tasted.

Hope the above is useful for you.

Knoxville, TN
Destination Expert
for Interlaken
Level Contributor
4,728 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good restaurants in Sorrento and Positano

Trattoria da Emilia at the Marina Grande. Not even close to fancy, but it definitely had good food.

J30
Europe
Level Contributor
707 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good restaurants in Sorrento and Positano

In Sorrento I can suggest you Il Buco, instead in Positano I can suggest you Caffe Positano and La Tagliata.