We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Donna Elisa - anybody stayed there?

Amelia Island...
Level Contributor
953 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Villa Donna Elisa - anybody stayed there?

I am considering booking a place called Villa Donna Elisa in Sorrento through VRBO.COM.

It looks great and of course the site has glowing testimonials.

www.vrbo.com/167427#comments

Can anyone give me some first-hand knowledge or at least comment on the place?

Mentioned in this post
Sorrento
Sorrento
Province of Naples, Italy
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Donna Elisa - anybody stayed there?

Hello TrippleTime

I've not stayed at the Villa I can only comment on the location.

It is located at Piazza San Antonino, literally 1 minute from Piazza Tasso (the main one) so you're right in the centre of town. Looking at the pictures it looks like it backs out to the sea side so you'll have the gorgeous view across the bay of Naples to Mount Vesuvius, fantastic to wake up to!

You're well placed to be able to access the buses and its not far to the train station. It is at the top of the road that leads to the Marina Piccola where you would go to get boats to Capri, Ischia, Amalfi, Naples etc, you could walk down easily from there (or get a bus)

All round, a great location.

Have you checked for reviews on this site?

Mentioned in this post
Piazza Tasso
Piazza Tasso
2,967 Reviews
Sorrento, Italy
Naples
Naples
Marina Piccola
Marina Piccola
876 Reviews
Island of Capri, Italy
Capri
Capri
Island of Capri, Italy
Isola d'Ischia
Isola d'Ischia
Amalfi
Amalfi
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Amelia Island...
Level Contributor
953 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Donna Elisa - anybody stayed there?

Ellijay,

Thanks for the info. I did do a search on TA but nothing comes back. This place is now on my list of probable places to stay next May.

UK
Level Contributor
3,204 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Donna Elisa - anybody stayed there?

This link will give you more info on Villa Donna Elisa If you google map the address ie 14 via Correale you can see the location pretty clearly. travel-library.com/apartments/europe/italy/s…

4. Re: Villa Donna Elisa - anybody stayed there?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 15:16