We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OK to book through Venere.it ?

Brookfield...
Level Contributor
42 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
OK to book through Venere.it ?

We are wondering about the advisability of booking lodging in Sorento through venere.it. The place we are most interested in doesn't seem to have their own website (B&Be'). But I've read about venere reservations not being accepted at some establishments, and surely don't want to arrive without a valid reservation in hand. Thanks.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,840 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: OK to book through Venere.it ?

I have used Venere on several occasions with no problem, they are a very reliable site,

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21,253 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: OK to book through Venere.it ?

I have used Venere.com for hotel reservatioons in Italy more than once and never had a problem.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
64,397 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: OK to book through Venere.it ?

I have never had a problem with a Venere reservation either. I wonder where you read about problems?

Sorrento, Italy
Level Contributor
646 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: OK to book through Venere.it ?

well you can book on venere and then call them, just to be sure.

Have a look also on booking.com which has improved a lot, lately.

Peaks Island, Maine
Level Contributor
153 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: OK to book through Venere.it ?

Eyeduck

We have used Venere for booking hotels, B&B's and special accomations in Italy on two trips and have never had a problem. They are very responsive to any questions I email them and when I cancelled a reservation at one place and changed to another it was immediate and without a problem. I would highly recommend them and I will use them on our next trip in 2010.

virginia
Level Contributor
261 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: OK to book through Venere.it ?

I have booked several reservations through Venere for my upcoming trip to Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast with no problems. Shortly after I booked one of my reservations w/ Venere, I e-mailed one of the B&B's to request a room with a balcony and the B&B had already received my booking information. I also canceled a reservation and within a couple of minutes received an e-mail from Venere confirming my cancellation.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
117 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: OK to book through Venere.it ?

Venere is definitely reputable.

Benson, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,266 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: OK to book through Venere.it ?

Like everyone else so far I have used them for hotels etc around the world and have never had a problem...

Laguna Beach...
Level Contributor
65 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: OK to book through Venere.it ?

As all others have said...nothing but success with venere

Brookfield...
Level Contributor
42 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: OK to book through Venere.it ?

Thanks to everyone for your input. There were some hotel reviews here which indicated people arrived at a couple of hotels in Sorrento with a venere reservation, and were turned away with their rooms having been given to other customers. We have booked with venere, and anticipate all going well. Greg/Susie