We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sorrento, Amalfi or Positano for honeymoon?

scotland
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sorrento, Amalfi or Positano for honeymoon?

Am hoping to go to the Amalfi coast next June for our honeymoon. I've heard Sorrento is very touristy and full of brit bars etc.

Where would you recommend?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
203 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sorrento, Amalfi or Positano for honeymoon?

Sorrento to be in the center of it all. Positano is very nice and romantic but a little bit more difficult to go around. Ravello is further south but has stunning views very nice. I would pick Sorrento because it would be easier to explore the rest of the coast. Also is closer to Pompeii if you plan on going.

Lexington, KY
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sorrento, Amalfi or Positano for honeymoon?

We just got back from our honeymoon. We based ourselves in Sorrento and we absolutely loved it. We thought Sorrento would simply be a "base" but then we would go on day trips to other cities on the Coast and Capri, only to find ourselves yearning to get back to "our town."

Kent, England
Level Contributor
2,980 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sorrento, Amalfi or Positano for honeymoon?

Hello, all 3 are very attractive, it depends what you are looking for, and whats important to you. Yes, Sorrento is a busy tourist town, lots of shops selling souvenirs, cafes, full of tourists including Italians on holiday; but it is very charming, lots of very good quality hotels and a good base for sightseeing. From the harbour there, you can get a boat to Capri, and the train will take you to Pompeii. ....Amalfi and Positano are somewhat less busy, I think, quieter, both with beaches, but its a bit more difficult going sightseeing from them. Both are very attractive, Positano is a bit of a jet-set resort that attracts many celebrities!

J30
Europe
Level Contributor
707 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sorrento, Amalfi or Positano for honeymoon?

I suggest you to stay in Positano