We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The best ice cream!!

UK
Level Contributor
1,734 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
The best ice cream!!

Hi there

Can anyone please tell me where to get really good home made ice cream in Sorrento? I have a hubbie who is totally addicted to good quality ice cream.

I know this is probably a really silly question given that Italy is famous for ice cream. But............there is good and bad ice cream!!!

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

UK
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The best ice cream!!

I can't tell you specific shops/bars, but look for signs saying 'produzione propria' which means 'our own make' or 'gelato artigianale' which has to be 'home-made' with good quality ingredients, although not necessarily made in that particular shop/bar.

I know of a wonderful ice-cream bar in Verona, but I don't know of one in Sorrento - I haven't been there for a long time ! Must go again soon....so perhaps you'll let us all know where you found the best in Sorrento, for my benefit next time I go ? LOL - best wishes, Nolana

UK
Level Contributor
1,734 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The best ice cream!!

Hi Nolana

Thanks for your quick reply. I will look out for those signs!!

N Carolina USA
Level Contributor
105 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The best ice cream!!

We ate gelato daily at Davide gelato. Ask at the hotel desk or a local for other recommendations.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The best ice cream!!

Bouganvillia (sp?)or the one on the corner of Corso Italia and Tasso Square.

No bad ice cream in Italy!

Capri, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sorrento, Capri
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The best ice cream!!

It's depends, for my taste the best ice creams in Sorrento is at bar Veneruso ( at the end of Corso Italia) and Valestra in Piazza Lauro. Another good one is Bounganville (always at the end of Corso Italia) Try also the Primavera ice cream (Corso Italia, near Piazza Tasso.

But if you looking for something very special take the Circumvesuvia, stop in Vico Equense and go to Gabriele...ice-creams and cheeses home made, simply faboulous!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The best ice cream!!

Davides, Bougainvillea - www.bougainvillea.it

Bar Veneruso and Primavera - www.primaverasorrento.it are my favourites. There is no bad ice cream in my opinion!

UK
Level Contributor
3,270 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The best ice cream!!

When in Sorrento we always pass by Gelateria Davide at least once daily to enjoy their excellent ice cream. They have a superb choice of flavours all made using natural ingredients.

Enjoy!

UK
Level Contributor
1,734 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The best ice cream!!

Thank you all once again - think we might just have to sample them all to make our minds up which is the best!!!!!

UK
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The best ice cream!!

don't forget to come back on here and tell us all!

10. Re: The best ice cream!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2009, 05:19