We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Take a "walk" around Sorrento

Amelia Island...
Level Contributor
893 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Take a "walk" around Sorrento

For those of you who would like to get an idea of what Sorrento (or many other Amalfi towns) looks like, there is a solution. The many photos that are available online are nice but never quite give the perspective I want.

So now you can go to Google Maps and, using the street view little man, you can "walk" around town (and the countryside).

I discovered that the Foreigners Club is only a block from the apartment I will be in next May.

The piazza looks terrific. Can't wait to get there.

This must be very new from Google becauses it did not work back in June. From the images, it appears that they were taken this Spring.

Enjoy.

Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
817 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Take a "walk" around Sorrento

Google streetview images of Amalfi were taken at the very least 18 months ago and in spring.

Ciao, Amalfigirl.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Take a "walk" around Sorrento

WOW XXXTime - thanks for that tip - I had never navigated Google maps this way but I like what I just briefly saw... I'll have to check this out further when I have more time !!! TG

3. Re: Take a "walk" around Sorrento

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2010, 06:18