We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sorrento hotel location?

CT
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sorrento hotel location?

We are traveling to Sorrento in a few weeks. In our party will be 4 middle aged adults, a 20 year old & a 17 y/o. We will be in this area for 3-4 days then moving by train to Florence.

Many of the hotels are located outside of the center of town. We plan to tour the surrounding area including Capri & the Amalfi Coast. We plan to use public transporatation, tours busses/ boats etc. to get around but will rent a car if necessary. My question:

Given our priorities, should we choose a hotel in or close to the center of Sorrento or can we stay away from downtown & still get around without much trouble? Any hotels you can reccomend would be greatly appreciated. Our budget is $200.00 US per night unless we need to pay a little more for nice accomodations.

Thanks for your help! Jerry

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,651 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sorrento hotel location?

I think it is preferable to stay central especially if you are using public transport, and early in the season it is not too busy,

Texas
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sorrento hotel location?

Can you clarify about budget? $200 for all of you? Per room?

CT
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sorrento hotel location?

$200. per room, 3 rooms

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sorrento hotel location?

So you are looking at around a budget of 150 euros per night?

It certainly would be easier for you to stay in town as you are more centrally located near bus, jetfoil, train station etc. and wouldn't have to rely on courtesy buses from your accommodation into town.

Maybe consider a B&B or self catering apartments?

www.rotasuites.com are centrally located within walking distance of all amenities, newly modernised they offer apartments of various sizes and come in around 155 euros per night for a 2 room apartment.

Magnolia B&B also gets good reviews here on TA.

Personally wouldn't rent a car as the public transport system is so good and parking is at a premium in the area.

5. Re: Sorrento hotel location?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 April 2010, 16:35
6. Re: Sorrento hotel location?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 March 2010, 15:05
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sorrento hotel location?

Another 3 star hotel, in a good central location is www.lameridianasorrento.com/en/index.php tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187782-d3112…

Also worth considering might be http://www.ulissedeluxe.com/ It is called a hostel for some legal reason but it is really a hotel. Good budget choice.

I can also recommend the Rota Suites, lovely apartments, good location, going back myself in a few weeks time.

Elliejay

Swansea
Level Contributor
33 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sorrento hotel location?

You need to be within walking distance of Piazza Tasso or Piazza Lauro (200-300 metres ) and make use of public transport and or boats from Marina Piccolo. The area of Sorrento starts some miles out and with only 3 or 4 days you would need to be in the centre to make the most of your time. I wouldn't recommend hiring a car unless you're very experienced .Also parking is limited.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,691 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sorrento hotel location?

Sorrrento Centro Storico and Maraina Picolo best for Public transport

Venere.com Sorrento Centro Storico hotle

venere.com/italy/…555767

B&BH

venere.com/italy/…555767

Marina picolo hotles

venere.com/italy/…555768

b&B

venere.com/italy/…555768

louisiana
Level Contributor
759 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sorrento hotel location?

Another option is the campground right outside of town. It has some apartments...it looks like a fun option....I have seen it in person but I have not stayed there. You can find it on here .