We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meet Up if it is raining?

Which Sorrento hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Amelia Island...
Level Contributor
873 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Meet Up if it is raining?

Our Fauno Bar meeting may get a little wet this comming Saturday afternoon. The long-range forecast is for 60% chance of showers. If so, is there an undercover area where all of us can meet?

We are down to 6 days before we hop on a plane and head to Italy. See Ya'll there.

Tripp

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meet Up if it is raining?

The area that we suggested is under cover. At the back, right, beside the mosaic wall.

I had a look at the forecast too, not looking too great, especially for saturday. The following days seem to be sunny with some rainy spells, getting nicer towards the end of the week.

Trip Advisor are going to send me some merchandise such as a flag so hopefully it will be here in time, to put on the table to make it easier to find each other!

Ellie

Amelia Island...
Level Contributor
873 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meet Up if it is raining?

The flag is a great idea. In Key West, we use a blue and white "Conch Republic" flag at one of the picnic tables at a very popular seafood restaurant.

Fino ad allora,

Tripp & Claudia

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
9,607 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meet Up if it is raining?

I hope you all have a fabulous time. I only wish I could be there too.

We hadn't intended to go to Sorrento this year as we have planned three other holidays but an Italian colleague who has just returned to work in England after a couple of years in Rome has said his brother has a flat in Sorrento that he doesn't use and I could go there anytime. He described the location to me. Ellie maybe you know where he means. He said in the main square there is a balcony that looks over the sea and if you have your back to it and look up that is where the apartment is. I didn't really know where he meant. Let me know if you have any ideas. I will ask him again about it but I don't want to be too cheeky.

Have a drink for me all of you and enjoy wonderful Sorrento.

Twigs

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Meet Up if it is raining?

Oh my goodness Twigs, you can't possibly refuse an offer like that:) The only place I can think of if its Piazza Tasso overlooking the sea is in this photo here: …webshots.com/57/9/37/39/2792937390084789367…

Just to the left of the flags and Bar Syrenuse, above Rosy's ceramic shop.

Lucky you, so maybe you will get to Sorrento this year after all?! Pity it won't be on the 8th May! Maybe we'll be there at the same time later on.

Ellie

Edited: 02 May 2010, 18:49
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Meet Up if it is raining?

Meant to say, if it is those flats that would be amazing. I've always thought, while sitting at the Fauno Bar, that it would be great to stay there, such a brilliant location.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
9,607 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Meet Up if it is raining?

I wonder if it is? His English had got very good when he was here last but I was struggling to understand him on Friday. He says his brother only ever uses it at Easter!!! I will let you know if we take him up on his offer. We are going to Cyprus in June and Madeira in October so could fit it in in between maybe. I really hope you have a fantastic holiday and I will be thinking of you.

I couldn't open your link it said forbidden.

Twigs

Cheltenham
Level Contributor
158 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Meet Up if it is raining?

Ellie the flag is a great idea!

Really hope it doesnt rain...especially for the wedding!

Look forward to meeting you all

Kate

Amelia Island...
Level Contributor
873 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Meet Up if it is raining?

Kate,

The forecast for Sorrento looks pretty good starting Monday - just in time for your special day. All the best...Tripp

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
9,607 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Meet Up if it is raining?

Hope you have a fabulous day Erin. I will be hoping the sun shines for you.

Good Luck

Twigs

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Meet Up if it is raining?

Lovely day here on Saturday and full day by the pool in the sun yesterday :-). Not looking so good today so far though (7am). Think the credit card might take a bit of a battering - so many handbags, so little time!

Hope it brightens up for the rest of the week and for when you guys arrive and of course for the wedding. Town has been heaving with Italians over the Bank Holiday weekend and Fauno Bar has been packed so have had to find space in Bar del Carmine - what a hardship!

See you all soon.

NBB.