We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sorrento & Capri with children-Help w/hotel & activities

Which Sorrento hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sorrento & Capri with children-Help w/hotel & activities

We will be in Sorrento for 4 days, then Capri for 3 days.

Anyone with experience and recommendations, please help! I'm nervous about booking a hotel in the hills because of the children (ages 6 & 8). And feel like we need a pool and/or beach access to keep them occupied when we are back at the hotel.

I got a number for a private tour of Pompeii and the sites. But could use help as far as other activities.

Thank you!!!

Texas
Level Contributor
1,459 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sorrento & Capri with children-Help w/hotel & activities

No beach in Sorrento. I would try staying on the Amalfi coast to give kids your kids age chance to play in the sea etc. Beaches are not sandy but our kids love collecting rocks, looking for smooth pieces of glass, jumping off the rocks and the amazing clear and wonderful water for swimming.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,272 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sorrento & Capri with children-Help w/hotel & activities

Capri's beaches are rocky. This is the beach near San Constanzo

www.slowphotos.com/photo/showphoto.php…

I think it is Bagni Tiberio. Blue swimmer or surfer on this Google map

maps.google.com/maps/ms…

I have not been there myself. I have been to Lido Del Faro in Anacapri.

Bagni Di Tiberio

A good beach club for the kids would be Bagni di Tiberio, which is reached by shuttle boat from Marina Grande. Unlike other Capri beach clubs, at this one the kids can wade into the water, rather than having to swim in deep water. The restaurant is great. All the facilities are available

Campagnano di Roma...
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sorrento & Capri with children-Help w/hotel & activities

Lupaling's photo Capri45 portrays the beach club "Le Ondine" which is at Marina Grande, just west of the bus station. San Costanzo (spelled Costanzo, not Constanzo) is a church almost a kilometer up the road. The Bagni di Tiberio beach is quite distant from Marina Grande, up the hill to the west, beyond the sports fields, about a 2 km. hike from the port.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,272 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sorrento & Capri with children-Help w/hotel & activities

Excuse my bad spelling. I took Latin not Italian in school and the Italian forms do not have the same spelling the names the same as the Latin names they are derived from. The N gets removed from the names derived from Constantine in modern Italian. Just like the C gets removed fron words dervied fron Octavian and gets mrophed inot a double t.

Thanks for correctly identifying my picture. there are no signs to help with identifying many of the places.

Campagnano di Roma...
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sorrento & Capri with children-Help w/hotel & activities

Lupaling, your maps and photos could be of great help to first-time visitors to the island if they were more accurate. I'd be happy to help you. Send me a private message (PM) and let's see how it could be done.

6. Re: Sorrento & Capri with children-Help w/hotel & activities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2010, 06:20