We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Negative Hotel Reviews

Which Sorrento hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cheltenham
Level Contributor
158 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Negative Hotel Reviews

Sorry just feel like I need to have a little rant....

Really sad to see the latest review on TA of Hotel Flora, since when has it been in an 'industrial area'? As for not feeling safe.....well I feel more safe wandering around Sorrento at night than I do in the UK!

I know that everyone is entitled to their opinions but reading such utter drivel makes me so cross!

Ahhhhhh feel better now ;o)

Woodbridge, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Negative Hotel Reviews

Well sometimes you have to take some of the reviews with a pinch of salt and read between the lines. OK maybe when theres lots of reviews to go on but not if theres only a few, its more difficult to judge. We must all remember that some people on here may not be posting what really happened and may be bearing a grudge for whatever reason, though I'm sure that most people ARE truthful.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,120 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Negative Hotel Reviews

I cannot believe this I have not seen this review but what rubbish,

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Negative Hotel Reviews

I too have not see this review peoples views may differ about a hotel but to say sorrento is not safe i agree with sophie what rubbish .. would freely walk about sorrento at midnight cant say the same about my own town. people may have other agendas even saw one bad review about my favourite hotel the cliff bay in madeira but i think nost reviews here are honest and lets keep it that way.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Negative Hotel Reviews

Difficult one this as all us Sorrento junkies on here have our favourites and take it personally if they get reviewed with a view opposed to our own.

We should just remember that TA isn't a Bible but a Guide and good and bad reviews should be weighed up against each other to form an overall picture.

Haven't read the review in question but to say Sorrento isn't safe is laughable - we have never felt unsafe or threatened there in all the years we have been going.

Cheltenham
Level Contributor
158 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Negative Hotel Reviews

Yes NBB I agree about our junkie feelings lol I'm sure we could all argue for hours which hotel/restaurant etc etc is the best ;o)

I think it was this paragraph that upset me most as it is clearly untrue!

"The location was horrible and it took about twenty minutes to arrive at the city center. The hotel's area was very industrial and I didn't feel safe"

I wasnt aware that the Corso Italia was 'industrial and unsafe'! Heck I was wandering around by myself (having visited my friends hotel) late at night and my 80 year old gran & her sister were quite happy pootling around by themselves!

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,120 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Negative Hotel Reviews

On reading recent reviews seems the Hotel is not quite what it was, but the latest does seem very extreme to say the least, one bone of contention is the traffic noise, , I think it is often stressed on here to get a room at the back even if it is a little more expensive, I have often said this, but saying the Hotel is in a the industrial area ,and Sorrento not safe is really O.T.T.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,120 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Negative Hotel Reviews

Two minds at the same time, erinuk.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Negative Hotel Reviews

Hi Kate

I tend to read hotel reviews every few days to see what people are saying and I get a bit annoyed by bad reviews of "my" hotels too. There was a certain one a couple of weeks ago by someone complaining she/he (?) had to carry their own glass of wine from the hotel bar to the restauant, I mean seriously! come on.

I agree that I feel more safe in Sorrento than I do walking about some places at home. I often walk about on my own even at night and have never felt threatened. Industrial? nope, don't get that one. Busy bustling town? yes.

I'm glad its not just me that gets a bit "precious" about Sorrento and the hotels etc!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,060 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Negative Hotel Reviews

Some bad reviews are so over the top - you could tell from that one that one thing had probably set off the reviewer and then he/she (I think it was a she?) decided to pile on a bunch of other complaints (real or not) just to add weight to her complaint. I never pay any attention to the overly histrionic ones. I do pay attention to a pattern of seeing complaints about the same things over and over again.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,120 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Negative Hotel Reviews

I think you really have to average them out ....over short time span,