We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to get to Capri La Grotta Azzurra

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
433 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
how to get to Capri La Grotta Azzurra

On a cruise ship the end of March and visit Sorrento and Messina. How can we get to see La Grotta Azzurra? Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,317 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how to get to Capri La Grotta Azzurra

From Sorrento go to Capri via the ferry and take one of the boat trips around the island or there is also a bus that goes there. We took the boat trip which stops at the Blue grotto and then you transfer to small boats for the trip inside the cave. I guess we took about three hours to go around the island, including this stop. The scenery was spectacular.

Edited: 27 January 2011, 23:34
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,508 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: how to get to Capri La Grotta Azzurra

Also, keep in mind that even if it a beautiful day, the water may be too high to actually go into the grotto - they close it off. Last time I was there, it was a beautiful day, calm sea, blue skies, warm and I was on a boat going around the island. When we got to the grotto because some of the people on the boat wanted to go in, we found it closed.

I had been before so I wasn't disappointed - but, others were disappointed but it is not that unusual for it to happen. Just so you know there is no guarantee you will get to go in. The opening to the grotto itself is very small and if the water is too high it literally covers the opening and the little tiny boats you usually get into to go into the grotto (the opening is so small you have to lay down in the tiny row boats) and they can't even try to go in.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,680 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how to get to Capri La Grotta Azzurra

If you take the bus, you have to take the bus from the prot to Piazza Vittorio and then get off and wlak to the bus stop by the cemetary (down Viale Tommasso) to go to the Blur Grotto. Bus stop is blue trolley marker on map

maps.google.com/maps/ms…

4. Re: how to get to Capri La Grotta Azzurra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2012, 06:16