We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sorrento experts: Are there 2 Taverna Azzurra restaurants ?

Which Sorrento hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ft. Laud, Florida
Level Contributor
956 posts
139 reviews
Save Topic
Sorrento experts: Are there 2 Taverna Azzurra restaurants ?

I was reading the Michelin Green Guide that recommended Taverna Azzurra da Salvatore at Via Cap 10.

When I googled it online, I found 2 restaurants in Sorrento:

Ristorante Taverna Azzurra which has Gennaro as the host, located at Via Marina Grande 166. It's # 19 on the tripadvisor list.

Then I also found Taverna Azzurra da Salvatore, # 18 on the tripadvisor list, located at Via Capo 10, with Salvatore as the host.

Is it 2 separate restaurants? Or did the restaurant move and change owners?

Thanks if you can clear this up for me.

UK
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sorrento experts: Are there 2 Taverna Azzurra restaurants ?

I can certainly vouch for Gennaro's Taverna Azzuro in Marina Grande as I have dined there several times over the years. The quality of food and service has generally been good (service a bit slow if the tables are busy) and the setting relaxed with tables just at the water's edge.

I am not familiar with the other Taverna Azzura on the via Capo. I imagine that it must be fairly new.

Enjoy!

Ft. Laud, Florida
Level Contributor
956 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sorrento experts: Are there 2 Taverna Azzurra restaurants ?

Hi, Ellonway.....thanks for your input.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sorrento experts: Are there 2 Taverna Azzurra restaurants ?

Hi

Via Capo 10 is where Sweet Dreams restaurant is located. Unless it has all changed in the last few months Taverna Azzura is still at the Marina Grande. Just to point out that the website listed in the restaurant review for Taverna Azzura is wrong, I've reported it a few times but it still hasn't been changed.

Ft. Laud, Florida
Level Contributor
956 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sorrento experts: Are there 2 Taverna Azzurra restaurants ?

Ellijay, thank you for the information.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sorrento experts: Are there 2 Taverna Azzurra restaurants ?

Have just replied to your PM.

As I said there, Genarro has passed away, the food quality is still very good but make sure they open for lunch at the time of year you are travelling - quite a trek down there to find they are closed if you only have one afternoon in town!

NBB.

Edited: 04 March 2011, 07:39
Ft. Laud, Florida
Level Contributor
956 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sorrento experts: Are there 2 Taverna Azzurra restaurants ?

Hi, NBB.....Thank you so much for the information and clearing up my confusion. I appreciate your time.

7. Re: Sorrento experts: Are there 2 Taverna Azzurra restaurants ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 13:16