We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My last Sorrento to Naples Airport question, promise

Which Sorrento hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
96 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
My last Sorrento to Naples Airport question, promise

So we're here in Sorrento (no problems at the port and got in an hour earlier than expected. It's beautiful!). On Saturday we have to catch a 9 a.m. plane at the Naples airport. I had set up for a cab to pick us up at 6 a.m. at a cost of 80 euro. When we arrived at our hotel, there was a poster with bus times in the lobby which said a bus leaves Sorrento center at 6:30 and arrives at Naples airport at 8. Is this enough time to catch the plane? In the US I typically arrive 2 hours early, but I'm overly cautious. We have one rolly suitcases a piece and each have a small backpack. I'm assuming, with tight airline restrictions, we'll have to check our suitcases.

Thoughts?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,551 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: My last Sorrento to Naples Airport question, promise

That would be cutting it very short. I've taken buses in the area and have had delays on occasion; also, you should check with your airline re: their requirements for check in times. For example, EasyJet requires you check in no later than 45 minutes before the flight.

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My last Sorrento to Naples Airport question, promise

The suitcases may need to be checked if larger than 21" and indeed even smaller if your aircraft is a regional jet rather than a 737 or Airbus 319/320/321. Sixty minutes to check in is tight, put possibly doable, unless of course there are long lines at check-in (which would be my greatest concern). I would also be concerned about traffic jams from Sorrento going in the direction of Naples during the morning commute (although Saturday morning at 6:30 a.m. might not be a problem). I would ask the hotel for advice (they should know the traffic patterns at that time of day), and perhaps even call Curreri Lines and verify the arrival at NAP airport no later than 8:00 a.m.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My last Sorrento to Naples Airport question, promise

What's the cost if you miss the plane and have to take a later one?

Peter

PS - I wonder why it allegedly takes 15 minutes longer in that direction than when coming FROM the airport?

Atlanta
Level Contributor
72 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My last Sorrento to Naples Airport question, promise

Hi Ambria, which cab company did you use and was that the cheapest you could find?

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
96 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My last Sorrento to Naples Airport question, promise

GREAT point. I didn't even think of that. guess the best thing would be to keep the taxi plans. I hate being late, and though I would love an extra day in Sorrento, sitting the airport isn't my idea of fun!

the cab/transfer was set up by our hotel/b&b. from what I can tell, it's on par with the going rate (according to the sticky on here).

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My last Sorrento to Naples Airport question, promise

Wouldn't even dream of taking the bus as you are cutting it too fine. Buses in Italy are not the most reliable, you might be delayed then what?

7. Re: My last Sorrento to Naples Airport question, promise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 07:15