We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to pack, leaving tomorrow

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,159 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
What to pack, leaving tomorrow

Hi

Am busy trying to pack and I really don't know what to take with us. Weather forecast says 19-23 deg C, slight chance of showers. We are also going on a tour to Pompei and Vesuvius so will need warmer clothes and sturdy shoes for Vesuvius

I think I have taken too many summer clothes and am now thinking it might not be that warm after all. Will I be too hot in jeans during the day? Do I need to take cotton shorts (long ones) or capris - linen or denim. Do I need sandals or will canvas shoes be ok? Do I need strappy tops (I'm thinking not after all)

Dilemma dilemma - I always end up taking far too many clothes

Rapid City, South...
Level Contributor
88 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to pack, leaving tomorrow

Pack light but be ready for all.

1-2 pair pants

1 pair capris

2 tank tops

1 long sleeve tee or cardigan

2 tees or blouses

2 shoes (sandals for beach and good walking shoes)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to pack, leaving tomorrow

Hi We are leaving in 1 hour . Maybe see you there. We are packed and I also am bringing too much. 1 pair Jeans dress pants dresses 1 pair of shorts. sandels running shoes, dressy pair. Many tops for dinners out. we are staying one month Sorento and Tuscany. light jacket blazzer for the plane. bathing suit, pools hope to use them at all our villas. Looking so forward. It will be my 60th birthday Yea.. Ciao Have fun

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to pack, leaving tomorrow

Capris and linen trousers should be great for this time of year. We have been several times and have always been able to sunbathe by the pool and dine outside in the evenings - just lucky maybe!

Layers are good. Sandals also.

Enjoy!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to pack, leaving tomorrow

It is really hot just now. I've had jeans on a few times but its quite uncomfortable really, so I've been living in linen trousers. Bring short sleeves with something to cover up, some evenings have been a bit cooler but I've been fine in a cardi with a scarf. Most tourists in town are in shorts and vests.

I've been here for a week and the weather has been fantastic. On monday there was some rain in the morning and a couple of showers in the afternoon but that has been it. Its has bee glorious sunshine!

Ellie

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,159 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to pack, leaving tomorrow

HI everyone

Just got back from a fabulous holiday. Had to come back and say thank you to you all, you were all so fabulous and replied to all of my questions.

Elliejay and newboldbods - I can see why you keep going back, it is sooooo beautiful, food was great, weather was good. I could go on and on and on - had a really good holiday. Back to the grindstone now :(

Surrey. Uk
Level Contributor
1 post
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to pack, leaving tomorrow

Hi .holiday makers, going to Sorrento 11th May really don`t know what to pack. Cold & very wet in UK. Assume warm in day & possibly cool in evenings. Will it be warm enough to sunbathe, wear shorts & vest and what about the evenings? At a loss what i will or won`t need, can anyone tell me?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,525 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What to pack, leaving tomorrow

Check the weather report a few days before your trip; it is impossible to say a few weeks in advance what the weather will be for your trip.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to pack, leaving tomorrow

You'll notice the difference from the UK! Trust you'll forgive me recycling this, from yesterday....

After a fairly miserable start, someone has switched the big switch and finally we're back on track with the weather - in time for this long public holiday weekend.

If it puts things in context, the sun's already slightly higher in the sky here - the orange line on this:

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/image/142953924

... than it gets in London on mid-summer's day, the green line on this one:

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/image/142953923

So it's been very hot in the sun for the third day in a row now, if still fairly cool in the shade. People were swimming today, not just cooling down from sunbathing, although none seemed to stay in for awfully long - and even next month you'll probably not find the sea warm enough to be there for hours at a time.

These - taken mainly on Ischia, some 20 miles from Sorrento - 'may' give an idea of the May mix over the years....

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde/mayisch

... and the weather stats for Naples...

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/image/137093820

Shorts, mostly, by day - beach stuff - though probably long trousers or the equivalent in the evenings, with a jacket or sweater to carry if not wear....

Peter

9. Re: What to pack, leaving tomorrow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2013, 10:29