We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for 4 nights, close walk to Piazza Tasso,

Which Sorrento hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendations for 4 nights, close walk to Piazza Tasso,

I am a single woman, and would prefer a hotel, B&B, to be a close walk to Piazza Tasso, trains, yet have a lovely sea few, ..all for near $100 a night! Do you think all my wishes can come true!?

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations for 4 nights, close walk to Piazza Tasso,

WE have just returned from Sorrento and were staying at the lovely hotel Antiche Mura which is 2 minutes walk from Piazza Tasso but doesn't have a sea view. I can highly recommend the hotel though and the gardens and pool area are lovely.

http://www.hotelantichemura.com/

Next door was another hotel - Plaza Hotel - which has views from the roof (so I was told) and that is where their pool is.

http://www.plazasorrento.com/en/

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations for 4 nights, close walk to Piazza Tasso,

Thank you! I meant to say, " sea VIEW" ...your recommendations are great, just might be a bit out of my budget :(

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations for 4 nights, close walk to Piazza Tasso,

Hotel Eden maybe if you have a high floor.

Not exactly glam but then you are on a tight budget asking for a very central Hotel with a sea view.

Maybe consider staying a little out of town? Il Nido for example provides a courtesy shuttle bus.

Shame as Antiche Mura is a great Hotel btw.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendations for 4 nights, close walk to Piazza Tasso,

Maybe have a look at La Meridiana http://www.lameridianasorrento.com/en/

Reviews tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187782-d3112…

Its a short walk to Piazza Tasso (10 minutes), 5 to the train station. If you ask for a front facing room on a higher floor (rather than side which overlooks a lemon grove) you can have a view of the Bay. I stayed there a few years ago, on an extra trip that year so I didn't want to pay too much and this fitted the bill. It was really clean!

Ellie

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommendations for 4 nights, close walk to Piazza Tasso,

Thank you! These are great choices within my budget. I now have to decide between Hotel Eden, La Meridiana, or another option is Hotel Del Corso. La Meridiana might fit all my criteria, though!

If anyone else wants to chime in with favorites, please feel free!

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommendations for 4 nights, close walk to Piazza Tasso,

Well La Meridiana seems to fit the bill.

Favourites - depending on budget - is a different matter though :-)!

Don't know Hotel Del Corso - sorry. Presumably on the main street though so again not sure about sea views ........ ?

You can get those views from other parts of town though in gardens etc.

Maybe consider a B&B without the view?

NBB.

7. Re: Recommendations for 4 nights, close walk to Piazza Tasso,

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2012, 06:19