We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sorrento Restaurants

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sorrento Restaurants

Hello

I am due to get married on the Amalfi coast next week, and the evening before is my birthday. Can anyone recommend a restaurant where my wedding party of 16 (including 2 children) can dine. We want something typically Italian, but that won't break the bank. Maybe a Pizzeria?

Many thanks

Gemma

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,405 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sorrento Restaurants

My colleague is in Sorrento now for her son's wedding. The wedding party were booked into O Parrucchiano for a meal the night before the wedding. It was recommended to her by an Italian colleague who comes from Naples but has an apartment in Sorrento.

http://www.parrucchiano.com/home.php

You could read the reviews and see whether it appeals to you.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sorrento Restaurants

I would recommend Ristorante S.Antonino. The restaurant is beautiful and the pizzas were the best we had whilst in Sorrento (last week!). Good value for money too.

http://ristorantesantonino.com

tripadvisor.co.uk/…REVIEWS

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sorrento Restaurants

I second San Antonino. My all time favourite restaurant in Sorrento, it has never let me down. Its very spacious too so you won't have a problem getting a table for you all. Maybe go in the day before to book. Luigi, Gennaro and their staff will look after you all.

The food is lovely and the prices are very reasonable.

Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sorrento Restaurants

We did much same for my now sister in law's birthday night before our wedding 3 years ago - we chose Da Giginos and were really pleased with service, food and price.

They seated us upstairs as a private party and even made a lovely birthday cake which they brought out with candles alight

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sorrento Restaurants

Thank you all

I will take a look at the websites. I can't wait to try all of the yummy Italian food!!

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sorrento Restaurants

Second vote for Da Giginios.

Family run Trattoria / Pizzeria in the old historic lanes not far from Piazza Tasso. Opposite the Christmas shop

Stonebaked pizzas, fresh pasta etc. and won't break the bank.

Always our first port of call on arrival in town.

Worth pre-booking for the size of your party.

Very family friendly - as are most places in Sorrento - the Italians love children and make them very welcome.

NBB.

Edited: 15 June 2011, 07:13
7. Re: Sorrento Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 22:19