We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

High Heels in Sorrento???

Kingston upon Hull...
Level Contributor
238 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
High Heels in Sorrento???

Hi i know this is a silly question, but I have a lovely pair of very expensive Gucci sandels which i have hardly worn. Is Sorrento in an evening an ideal place to wear them? My husband and I like dressing up and i thought Italy would be the ideal place to do this ???

Thanks

Angie

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,453 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: High Heels in Sorrento???

A lot of real cobblestones in Sorrento !!!!!!!

Capri, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sorrento, Capri
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: High Heels in Sorrento???

Yes, there are some street with cobblestones, but not in Corso Italia, the main street. Are every Sorrento' girl wear high hells in the evening. Don't wear a pair of Gucci in Italy would be a fashion crime!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: High Heels in Sorrento???

As longs as you stick to the main roads, and its not raining it is fine.

perth scotland
Level Contributor
131 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: High Heels in Sorrento???

I like this thread..

What happens when it rains, ellie..??

New York
Level Contributor
2,389 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: High Heels in Sorrento???

I was there the beginning of June for the third time. One of the nicest things to do in the evening is to stroll up and down the Corso Italia, as well as walk around the side streets of all the shops. You see all types of sandals on women with different types of heels.

The question to ask yourself is how comfortable they are to walk in. I have high heels that are super comfortable to walk in and flat thong trendy sandals that I am miserable within 20 minutes because they hurt inbetween my toes.

I would only wear what you are comfortable to walk in whether it be day or evening. There are many fashionable sandals that are comfortable. If you will end up with sore feet and/or blisters maybe not a good idea no matter how fashionable they are.

6. Re: High Heels in Sorrento???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 July 2011, 12:42
Kingston upon Hull...
Level Contributor
238 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: High Heels in Sorrento???

Why is it a fashion crime to wear Gucci in Italy? I am confused! To me Gucci is Italy and all the style that surrounds it?

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: High Heels in Sorrento???

I think the poster meant it'd be a fashion crime not to wear your Gucci there!

And besides, the ospidale is quite near, as ellie may know, if you slip on wet cobbles. ;-) If there's a hint of rain, leave them in your room.

Can you easily walk for a pretty long time in your shoes? Some women can totter along on 4" or more easily (as in virtually every Roman woman), others would do a face plant.

Peak District...
Level Contributor
69 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: High Heels in Sorrento???

I alwways wear very high, expensive platforms when in Sorrento...it most definatly would be a crime to NOT wear them!!

New York
Level Contributor
2,389 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: High Heels in Sorrento???

Gucci is always fashionable, BUT it's not a crime to not wear them if you can't walk in them!!