We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to get a drink with a view in Sorrento???

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Places to get a drink with a view in Sorrento???

Any recommendations on bars, pubs, or any place to get a drink with great ambiance and a view in Sorrento?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
85,325 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to get a drink with a view in Sorrento???

The Foreigners' Club has a big outdoor bar area. Not the greatest ambience, but this is the view: nickbooth.id.au/Images/Sorrentodone.jpg

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,284 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to get a drink with a view in Sorrento???

As Nick says, the view at the foreigners club is fantastic and probably unbeatable. I hear it has been renovated since we were there so maybe it is a little more refined, though sitting on the edge of that terrace was already spectacular.

For people watching there are cafes on Tasso Square, which they close to traffic in the early evening so it becomes a pretty pedestrian area.

Amelia Island...
Level Contributor
893 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to get a drink with a view in Sorrento???

First, the Foreigners' Club followed closely by the Fauno Bar on Tasso Square during the evening. Can't be beat.

UK
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to get a drink with a view in Sorrento???

The new bar belonging to Da Emilia's restaurant down in Marina Grande (Sorrento's fishing harbour) would be a good place for a coffee/drink. Especially before some great seafood in one of the restos there.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to get a drink with a view in Sorrento???

Yes the Foreigners Club great view lovely for a drink yes but not so good for food.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,423 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to get a drink with a view in Sorrento???

Would agree there, a while since I have been to the Foregners Club, the viewa are second to none, ,but we really did not like the service, ,have not eaten there,

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,284 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Places to get a drink with a view in Sorrento???

We need to hear from a frequent visitor re the newer Foreigners Club since the revamp

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Places to get a drink with a view in Sorrento???

I visited the Foreigners Club on my June holiday in Sorrento service quite good has improved greatly since my first visit has been done up slightly but service while not the best in Sorrento is a good bit better than before.

heacham norfolk
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Places to get a drink with a view in Sorrento???

Went to foreigners in july put in drinks order waited half an hour whilst watching people who had come in after us get served.Waiter comes to table would you like to order told him we already had his answer was well the bar is a long way away and go somewhere else if you dont like it.Improved service? what was it like before.

10. Re: Places to get a drink with a view in Sorrento???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 23:42