We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for grandparents and a 9 year old?

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
426 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel for grandparents and a 9 year old?

Hello,

We are thinking of going to Sorrento for 10 days in August. Is Sorrento a good base to visit the surrounding areas? I am thinking we could go to Pompeii, Capri, Positano and Ravello.

We will need two rooms and would prefer a slightly modern hotel. Oh and somewhere we can park a rental car. £150 a night is the most I would like to pay.

Any help would be great. Recommendations for my son - the 9 year old would be great.

Many thanks!

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,435 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Hotel for grandparents and a 9 year old?

It is very easy to go to all the places of interest without a car, by Train to Pompeii, and Bus for the Amalfi Coast resorts,

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Hotel for grandparents and a 9 year old?

Agree with previous posters - no need at all for the rental car as Sorrento has great local transport links for the whole area. Bus, train, ferry to Pompeii, Herculaneum, Amalfi, Posinato, Capri ........ Most Hotels also charge for on site parking as it is such a premium in town. You would also need to be a very confident driver!

Accommodation wise have you considered self catering? www.rotasuites.com are modern, refurbished central apartments with a choice of room layouts. They have the use of a swimming pool in a neighbouring Hotel.

Otherwise most Hotels are traditional in style apart from as suggested the Plaza.

We stay regularly next door at www.hotelantichemura.com which, while traditional is a lovely central Hotel with the friendliest and most helpful staff you could wish for.

Think you son would love the bathing platforms on the sea - many Italian families use them too.

Enjoy your family trip.

NBB.

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
426 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Hotel for grandparents and a 9 year old?

Hello all,

Palazzo Januzzi has quoted me €190 per night per room. I have not heard back from the Hotel Plaza yet. They both look wonderful, though seem to be very different.

I am getting quite excited about this trip now. We have been all over Italy, but with the exception of Pompeii I haven't really explored the Amalfi Coast.

Our original plan was Maurituis, total 5 star, but other commitments meant we would have to shorten our visit.

Thanks everyone, going to look for a beach or two on Capri now!

14. Re: Hotel for grandparents and a 9 year old?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2013, 10:37