We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

honeymoon vacation

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
600 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
honeymoon vacation

we'll be coming from rome on train to sorrento. we would like to stay for 3 nights. this will be our honeymoon. i've done some research on hotels, but it's a bit overwhelming. let me begin by telling you what we would like in our hotel stay. great views, decent bed and location near town(doesn't have to too close) and definitely friendly service. we'll spend $150-$200 a night.

so far, i have these 3 hotels in mind:

hotel bel air

hotel plaza

hotel il nido(like that they have a shuttle)

what do you all think?

thanks!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
600 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: honeymoon vacation

also considering a b&b villa monica. has anyone been there?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: honeymoon vacation

Hi! Congratulations!

Of the 3 hotels you mention, it seems like the Bel Air comes closest or the Villa Monica, no? The it seems like one choice between the Bel Air and the Villa Monica is whether you want a hotel experience or a B&B experience. Another consideration might be proximity to town/restaurants, but most of the 5 star reviews of the Villa Monica B&B didn't seem to mind that.

-Karl

Edited: 01 April 2012, 21:42
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
600 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: honeymoon vacation

thanks karlitos! now i'm looking more towards hotel bel air. the views look amazing, especially at night. oh decisions, decisions...haha.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: honeymoon vacation

I agree, it looks amazing. To get a great room with a view, you might go a bit above your limit if you can afford to. How often does one honeymoon in Sorrento?

I would recommend contacting through the private message people who stayed there who rave about their views and balcony, etc. Some actually say what room they had (like openeyes says room 209 had a larger balcony) others say what rooms to avoid ("avoid room 201 since part of the view of Sorrento is obscured"). I have found in booking in advance, I have been able to request particular room numbers (if available).

-K

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
600 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: honeymoon vacation

thanks again. i will look into the rooms now.

6. Re: honeymoon vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 02:15