We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sorrento wine tour

Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
4 helpful votes
Sorrento wine tour
Save

We are staying 2 nights in Rome, 2 nights in Capri, 5 nights in Sorrento, and then the last night in Rome before returning to the US.. we are interested in doing day trips during our stay in Sorrento - one of those we would prefer includes a wine tour with limoncello tasting - any suggestions? I found a site online for Italian Wine & Food tour (.com) but I can't find reviews for this - any experiences? We also plan to do a day trip to Pompeii/Herculaneum and another day trip south to Positano/Ravello/Amalfi but were planning do the the first via the Circumvesuviana and find our own guide for pompeii when we get there and the latter just take a bus down for the day. Any pros/cons? I'm having some difficulty locating a wine tour that is reasonably priced.

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
89 helpful votes
1. Re: Sorrento wine tour
Save

wow amy, your itinerary is almost the same as mine (rome/florence/sorrento),

and i had the same idea as you regarding the day trips and wine tours,

(i pre-arranged a pompeii tour, but as you say, i plan to take the train there).

i see you posted on april 18 ... did you already go? if yes, how did it work out?

did you find a wine tour? do you have any advice about the positano day trip

or anything else?

mille grazie,

jim c

Mamaroneck, New York
Level Contributor
175 posts
35 reviews
19 helpful votes
2. Re: Sorrento wine tour
Save

Wine tours are not common in Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast. It is not like Tuscany. There is a restaurant near Vesuvio which is now doing tastings. Cantina Vesuviano. I believe you need to call ahead. Other than that it is going to be difficult to find an organized group tour.

Sudbury...
1 post
3. Re: Sorrento wine tour
Save

Did you ever find out about the foodandwinetours company? I was just looking into them as well, and like you, I found no reviews. Thank you!

UK
Level Contributor
3,310 posts
4 reviews
4 helpful votes
4. Re: Sorrento wine tour
Save

This place is getting good reviews on TA.

http://www.sorrentinovini.com/main.php?lang=eng

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g1973840-d3252693-Reviews-Sorrentino_Tasting_Wine-Boscotrecase_Province_of_Naples_Campania.html

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
89 helpful votes
5. Re: Sorrento wine tour
Save

to answer dianekatz1.... no i didn't find a wine or food tour in sorrento. did the usual things- pompeii, capri, amalfi coast, it was great!

JCGruv187
2 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
6. Re: Sorrento wine tour
Save

What a weird coincidence, my wife and I live in Bethlehem PA also and we are also going to Sorrento! Our trip is in October. I have been doing a huge amount of research about our trip, one of the things we would like to do is a winery tour and tasting. Basically what you need to do is book a car service (i.e. Aldo Limos) and tell them when you book that you would like to visit a winery and they can make the arrangements. Car services are 280-350 euros for 8 hours and the vineyard tastings can be 25-50 euros a person

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
20 posts
7. Re: Sorrento wine tour
Save

Don't waste your time and energy and you money on wine tours. Italy is a great country for wines and i have had good wines here. Lots of BANFI's and PIO CESRE and MASI and GAJA. So go to Supermarkets and you will find huge range of wines you can never think of. Buy a bottle every day... go to the best location you can and enjoy your wine.

Yours truly

Tayport, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
15 reviews
19 helpful votes
8. Re: Sorrento wine tour
Save

A bottle of Gaja Barbaresco might well cost you more than a wine trip..!

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
152 posts
461 reviews
183 helpful votes
9. Re: Sorrento wine tour
Save

Visited the cantina Vesuvius last week, tasted around 6 different wines and had a fantastic authentic Italian lunch afterwards. Booked trip with acompora travel and included a trip to top of Vesuvius in a 4 x 4 vehicle.Great day out....

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,123 posts
813 reviews
503 helpful votes
10. Re: Sorrento wine tour
Save

limoncello tasting?

Limoncello is made in beautiful Sorrento - you can buy litre bottles from street stalls for about E5,

http://tasteofsorrento.sorrentoinfo.com/articoli/sorrento_limoncello.asp http://www.limoncello.com/ http://www.tastingpanelmag.com/Publication/SWS.../Pride-of-Sorrento.aspx

you really don't need a tour - I believe - that you can visit a factory/cellar check out the Tourist info @ www.sorrentotourism.com/en/‎

You will love Sorrento !

© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.