We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night life

Welwyn Garden City...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Night life

Hi everyone.

We're getting married in Sorrento this year (can't wait). We went there for the first and only time about 5 years ago and fell in love with the place.

However, now that we are dragging all our friends and family there, we're feeling a tiny bit anxious that it might be a bit on the quiet side for the tastes of one or two guests.

Obviously we're not expecting club 18-30s but does anybody know of any lively bars and/or clubs that stay open til fairly late, just so we can point people in the right direction.

Thanks in advance

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night life

Chaplins Irish Bar on the main street Corso Italia.

There is also a nightclub - apparently - just off Piazza Tasso.

UK
Level Contributor
3,188 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Night life

In the warmer months the town's bars and cafes will be busy with lots of people out and about until late enjoying the cooler night air. Italians eat and stay out late. Bar Insolito on Corso Italia turns in to a disco at night. Haven't been so can't comment on how good it is. Not our thing these days!

Piazza A Lauro (opposite the railway station) sees a younger crowd in the evenings. The "Square" restaurant/cafe/book shop there has live music some evenings.

Edited: 27 June 2012, 11:37
Dublin
Level Contributor
90 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Night life

There is a crazy nightclub in the main square that me n my friends went to. I can't remember the name right now but we drank and danced till 2am (I think...)

Great fun . One of my friends ended up singing with the DJ. All ages catered for from 18-50!

sorrento
Level Contributor
7 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Night life

Hi, i really suggest the Guarracino fruit Bar, is an off road cocktail bar, open till late 04-05 am, amazing mojitos, capiroska, lot of vodkas , cool music, and good ambient, is located in Via Sant Antonino, between main square Piazza tasso and Piazza sant Antonino.

ireland
Level Contributor
49 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Night life

i agree with Brasur's reply. My sister and i (both mid 20's) came back from Sorrento last week. We went to 'Guarracino's' a few times and loved it there. The capiroska's are amazing. Lovely staff too. It can be a bit quiet in the evening though. Only really gets going after half 10/11pm. We were dragged to 'Insolito' on Corsa Italia by some locals one night. It was ok. Dance music and a little dance floor down the back. We also drank in Banana Split aswell on Corsa Italia,was close to our hotel. This pub was quiet lively aswell and the owners were lovely. Sooo wish i was back in Sorrento now!!!!

Welwyn Garden City...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Night life

Amazing. Thanks everyone, this is a goldmine!

We'll be sure to check those places out as we get there a few days before any of the guests... Purely in the interest of research, of course ;)

Guarracino's sounds like it might even be a contender for drinks after the reception.

Edited: 28 June 2012, 13:59
7. Re: Night life

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2013, 05:16