We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any idea of taxi fare from Amalfi to Sant' Agata?

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
36 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Any idea of taxi fare from Amalfi to Sant' Agata?

Does anyone have any idea of the taxi fare from Amalfi to Sant' Agata? 4 of us would like to take the ferry from Sorrento to Amalfi and a taxi ride along the Amalfi drive and back to Sant' Agata - it will be almost 30 euro for the bus back which will take us all the way to Sorrento, then we'll have to wait for the hotel shuttle to get back to Sant' Agata, so was wondering whether a taxi would be better

UK
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any idea of taxi fare from Amalfi to Sant' Agata?

A 3.60 euro ticket (90 minutes validity) each will take you back to Sant' Agata on the bus from Amalfi. Just make sure you catch the buses that call at Sant' Agata on their way to Sorrento (there are 3 routes taken by the Amalfi Coast bus to and from Sorrento). See timetable.

sitasudtrasporti.it/public/…5070.pdf

I don't know the exact fares but going on what taxis charge elesewhere in the area I would guess 50 euro plus, if not a lot more depending on trafiic conditions.

Edited: 26 August 2012, 15:45
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,523 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Any idea of taxi fare from Amalfi to Sant' Agata?

I'd think more than 50 euros; the ride is about 1.5 hours from Amalfi to where you want to go - I would think more between 80 and 100 euros.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any idea of taxi fare from Amalfi to Sant' Agata?

I had to get a taxi back from a hospital in between Ravello and Amalfi back to my hotel in Sant Agnello when I broke my ankle in July and that cost 90euros and I think that was a priced agreed by the hospital so I doubt it will be much less than that.

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
36 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any idea of taxi fare from Amalfi to Sant' Agata?

thank you for all your replies - I'm a bit confused about the buses direct Sant' Agata / Amalfi though there are 2 Sant' Agata's mentioned in the timetable one is just Sant Agata and the other BV Sant' Agata (N.Verde) which has bus times (the Sant'Agata only doesn't mention any stops), not sure how big this place is and whether that will do - we are staying at De Maria House if that is any clue to anyone!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,523 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Any idea of taxi fare from Amalfi to Sant' Agata?

Can your hotel not tell you? Perhaps if you email them or even wait until you arrive, I am sure they will know where you need to catch the bus and which one.

6. Re: Any idea of taxi fare from Amalfi to Sant' Agata?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2012, 16:54
7. Re: Any idea of taxi fare from Amalfi to Sant' Agata?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2013, 10:17