We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lost luggage, no clothes, need help!

West Chester...
5 posts
Save Topic
Lost luggage, no clothes, need help!

Hello,

My husband and I arrived yesterday on TAP Portugal and they lost my husband's bag. No word yet on when it will arrive.

1) Where can we buy him some reasonably priced clothes as well as the neccessary items like socks, undershirts, etc?

2) Any tips on locating the luggage? We filed a claim but it doesnt seem like TAP will be actively looking for it. Does it help to call the lost luggage office directly? Bag could be in Lisbon or Rome.

Thank you!!

Jessica

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,141 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lost luggage, no clothes, need help!

Do you have trip insurance?

West Chester...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lost luggage, no clothes, need help!

Not specifically. Lost luggage is covered by my credit card benefits but nt sure how helpful that will be in reality.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,443 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lost luggage, no clothes, need help!

Hang onto all your receipts and hopefully, you will get some reimbursement. Sounds like obvious advice but I know people that were upset because their travel insurance wouldn't reimburse them for items they needed to buy due to lost luggage because they paid cash and hadn't saved receipts.

It's a small town - I am sure you will likely find what you need just walking around (that is if no one comes onto the forum to help right away) - can no one at your hotel give you some guidance?

UK
Level Contributor
3,187 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lost luggage, no clothes, need help!

You try the small "COIN" department store at 41 Via San Cesareo ie the main street in the old town. It is towards the Piazza Tasso end of the street. Menswear is downstairs.

Edited: 05 September 2012, 00:48
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2,462 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lost luggage, no clothes, need help!

Did they give you a number to call and check on its status? I have had my luggage lost several times and I find calling them repeatedly helps (once first thing in the morning and then again in the afternoon before the offices close). They should deliver it to you once they do locate.

I think there is an OVS (Oviesse) in Sorrento. They are good for inexpensive clothing. If there is a PAM, COOP or IperCOOP (these are all large supermarkets) - they carry things like underwear, socks, etc.

I would think a store on Corso Italia or Via San Cesareo would have something.

Save all your receipts as you can present them for a refund either from your CC company or from the airline (depending on their policy).

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,363 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lost luggage, no clothes, need help!

Lost luggage is the reason I pack half my clothes in my wife's bag and she packs half her clothes in my bag. We've had a lost bag on 2 trips but luckily got them within a day or two.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lost luggage, no clothes, need help!

"Lost" luggage is often just a result of the plane having been overloaded - and may well be placed on a following flight.

Whilst I'd be chasing the airline, there's some further advice on the airport website:

…gesac.it/portal/…AllArrivo

Clothes aren't cheap in Italy but at least umbrellas - which you perhaps hadn't thought to bring anyway - are!!

Hope that bag arrives soon....

Peter

8. Re: Lost luggage, no clothes, need help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2013, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Sorrento
Recent Conversations