We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining in Sorrento on Christmas Day

Which Sorrento hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
K J
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Dining in Sorrento on Christmas Day

My husband and I are meeting my mother-in-law in Italy over Christmas. We will be spending several days in Sorrento, one of which will be Christmas Day. I would love to find a nice restaurant to have Christmas lunch or dinner. I am looking for something warm and inviting with delicious food of course! Thank you.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,069 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining in Sorrento on Christmas Day

I think you're question should be what restaurants will be open on Xmas Day. And you may have to contact each possiblity via email and "verify". Good Luck.

K J
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining in Sorrento on Christmas Day

Very good point and I actually meant to include that in my post.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dining in Sorrento on Christmas Day

We spent Christmas in Sorrento a couple of years ago and dined on Christmas Day at Lanterna which is situated just off Piazza Tasso.

We were pleased to find it open as it is one of our staple Restaurants on our regular trips.

They did the full a la carte menu, the atmosphere was warm and there was a mix of Italians and tourists. We went at lunchtime.

Sorrento itself was very quiet but we still had a lovely time - the tree and decorations in Piazza Tasso are beautiful - very festive.

NBB.

England
Level Contributor
210 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dining in Sorrento on Christmas Day

We have just returned and our last meal was at Lanterna, can only agree with NBBs that it is a great restaurant with atmosphere and a good mix of locals and tourists! Enjoy!

C

5. Re: Dining in Sorrento on Christmas Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2013, 10:16