We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus or taxi from airport

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
bus or taxi from airport

We arrive at the airport in Naples at 9.40 am and our return flight is at 10.40 am. What would be the cost of a return taxi, or is the bus better bearing in mind we have a very early start for our return. Are the buses reliable and on time? How long is the bus journey compared to a taxi.?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,358 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus or taxi from airport

The taxi will be quicker (subject to traffic) or you can take the early bus and enjoy breakfast at the airport www.curreriviaggi.it

Option, train to Naples www.vesuviana.it and Alibus from train station to the airport.

UK
Level Contributor
3,190 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bus or taxi from airport

Here are some local companies to ask for a quote for an airport transfer. Target price is usually about 70 - 80 euro each way. Traffic willing should take about 50 minutes or so by car. If it is relevant, the airport is extra busy with long queues on Fridays.

www.bellantoniolimoservice.com

www.gianpierofiorentino.com

www.johnnystourservice.com

www.amalfi-drive.com

www.autoservizidemartino.com

http://www.sorrentocars.com/

Although we now use private transfers, we did not have any problems, and have not heard of any recently, when using the airport bus.

Edited: 13 February 2013, 23:18
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bus or taxi from airport

At €10 each, the Curreri bus is good value - taxis, up to some €80 or so each way.

And if you've a wait, there's a very pleasant outdoor café in the recently-rearranged area outside "Arrivals" - not far from the new stop that all the buses now use!

See....

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde/alibus

Peter

PS - For an idea of the frequency over the seasons, have a look through the appropriate entry amongst the "Top Questions" on this page!

Coming back, the first one - at 06:30 and arriving around 8AM - seems an all-year fixture...

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bus or taxi from airport

I've been a bit sloppy with my terms...

In a proper Naples taxi, picked up from the airport rank, there's a set fare of 100 Euro for the trip TO Sorrento...

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/image/142141176

Cars with a driver, from firms such as those mentioned in reply 2 and whose services have to be booked in advance, will usually undercut - down to around €80 depending on time of day, season etc!

Peter

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
11,320 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bus or taxi from airport

Adding to modemUK's post, here's a link with a few more private drivers:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187782-i162-k5184…

MKSquared
Level Contributor
26 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bus or taxi from airport

The four of us just used Ugo at Sorrento Cars (sorrentocars.com) and he was FANTASTIC! Right on time at the Naples airport, holding a sign with our name on it. He speaks excellent English and provided some narrative commentary along the way to our destination in Sorrento. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! :-)

Oxted, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bus or taxi from airport

We need to travel from Naples airport to Amalfi at the end of June. I have worked out that we can take the 3S bus from the airport to Naples train station, then the train to Sorrento and a bus from there to Amalfi.

Has anyone done this journey and, if so, was it picturesque and how much did it cost?

Alternatively, does anyone have a better idea - excluding a taxi which we think would be too expensive. We arrive at 9.40.a.m.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bus or taxi from airport

Wherever you saw the 3S bus mentioned, forget it!

The Naples bus company withdrew that service several years ago.... and now offer only the Alibus - for which, see reply #3 above...

But why not use the Curreri Viaggi service, direct from the airport to Sorrento at €10 per head? For more about that, see the entry in the Top Questions list!

Peter

Europe
Level Contributor
249 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bus or taxi from airport

Our flight back from Naples was rather early at. 10.20., and even I had checked in from the previous day, we still should leave from Sorrento early in the morning.

The Carreri Bus, was leaving at.....6.30 and we would arrive at 7.45, so 2.30' hrs waiting to the Airport. The next one was departing at 8.30, not enough early for our flight.

The taxi from our hotel to the Station was at 25 euros, because we shoul leave before 6.30.

We decided then to find a private transfer, but not at the price of hotel's company.

I found www.sorrentocars.com , from previous reviews in TA.

I sent an e-mail to Ugo, who answered immediately, it was around 8.30 in the evening.. He gave me the best price by far, that other companies offered.

We confirmed, easily and quickly. In the morning, a Mercedes was exactly on time, for our transfer to Naples Airport.

The driver, was a young man, polite, willing, very well dressed, very good English, very careful in his driving, I was afraid a little having see how locals were driving. We were very pleasantly, surprised of the driver. The car was brand new, clean, in perfect condition.

Ugo and sorrentocars, provided us, an immaculate transfer, for 70 Euros 2 persons and luggage.

We certainly, will use sorrentocars and Ugo's, services, next time.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: bus or taxi from airport

That's a good price, although things are fairly quiet at present... so it shouldn't be taken as repeatable once the season starts in earnest! Even so, a firm you know and trust is always worth having...

Peter