We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Sorrento for family-April

Cincinnati,OH
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel in Sorrento for family-April

Having trouble finding a hotel that will accomodate our family of 4(two teens). Only for 2 nights as we use as base for amalfi, etc...Would like to be close to train station or easy transportation. As we wont be spending too much time there prefer to not spend a fortune but do not want hostel-like. Thank you for any ideas.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
Level Contributor
8,778 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in Sorrento for family-April

Are you having trouble because they are sold out? What about a hotel in Naples? If you stay near the port you are right where ferries and hydrofoils leave for the Amalfi Coast and the islands. It is a much more scenic way to visit the Amalfi Coast particularly - you avoid sitting on that crowded bus in traffic. The Hotel Royal Continental in Naples is seafront, walking distance to the port and has free wi-fi and a beautiful rooftop swimming pool the teens will love (I have teens too). You are also close to all Naples' attractions like the Archaeological Museum and other cool stuff teens love - like the underground tours.

Good luck with your search :)

New York
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in Sorrento for family-April

That doesn't make sense unless hotels are all booked up. When are you going and what does "not spend a fortune" mean as far as prices per night? Are the teens old enough that you can put them in their own room?

With more information you will get more suggestions from people.

Cincinnati,OH
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in Sorrento for family-April

Thank you very much-I'm going to give your idea a go! My teens are 14 and 16 and do want them in the room with us. My issue was finding a hotel that would allow 4 people in the room. This is everywhere we travel in Europe. Usually forced to get a suite of some sort which is the equivalent of a double room in U.S. I did not want to go over $250.00 for a room that we will spend little time in-we will be there first week of April. I appreciate your help. Many Thanks!

UK
Level Contributor
3,188 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in Sorrento for family-April

The Ulisse in Sorrento has proper quad rooms.

ulissedeluxe.com/sorrento-inexpensive-accomm…

TA reviews

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187782-d1036…

If you don't mind a mini apartment, somewhere like this place which is in a piazza just off the town centre?

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187782-d1722…

Or not far away the Magi House B&B which also does small apartments

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187782-d1222…

New York
Level Contributor
536 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel in Sorrento for family-April

Our favorite Hotel on the Amalfi Coast is Hotel Margherita in Praiano

Between Positano & Amalfi....

Family owned...excellent accomodations, try to get Sea View with a balcony

Excellent breakfast included in price...you can also pay & book 1/2 board & have dinner at the hotel.

Bus service to Positano...Amalfi.. & Sorrento right down the hill.

Praiano is idealy located ..if you are driving, they have parking in the car port in front of the Hotel if I am not mistaken it's free parking.

info@hotelmargherita.com

We have stayed there many times.........we had 3 people but I am sure they have rooms to accomodate a family of 4.

Most accommodating & wonderful family ...

New York
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel in Sorrento for family-April

I did a search for 2 random nights on booking.com. I chose the first week of April and 37 hotels/BB had quad rooms and more than 20 were really good places in your price range. However when I came back here to comment I see you wrote $250 for a room.

Do you mean $250 for both nights?? If so that is way to low of a budget for this area and wouldn't even get you into The Ulisse which is a very popular total budget option. When you convert to euro that's about 95euro per night!

Sorrenot is an expensive tourist area. Although you will find budget friendly accomodations 95 euro per night for 4 people will probably get you into a little more than a campground bungalo that's not walkable to town.

To stay in Sorrento and to have your needs met you will most certainly have to increase your budget.

New York
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel in Sorrento for family-April

Check the Residence Tasso as they might have an apartment in Sorrento otherwise do consider increasing your budget or even perhaps staying in a different town. In another town such as Meta or Piano di Sorrento there shoud be less expensive options.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel in Sorrento for family-April

I agree. The Ulisse could fit the bill.

It is not a Hostel.www.ulissedeluxe.com

Edited: 27 February 2013, 04:00
New York
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel in Sorrento for family-April

The first week of April the Ulisse is about $367 for both nights for a quad room. If the OP seeking to pay $250 for both nights it does not work.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel in Sorrento for family-April

Apologies MiriamLisa. Don't know the exact conversion of $ to €.

I stand corrected.