We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Curreri viaggi

Which Sorrento hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chester
Level Contributor
4 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Curreri viaggi

We are travelling to Sorrento in September and have been advised to get from the airport by bus using Curreri viaggi.

Is there plenty of space on the bus? I'm worried that we will wait for an hour for the bus and then find that there are no seats....

Also, has anyone managed to pre-book or is it payable on the bus?

47 replies to this topic
Sorrento, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sorrento
Level Contributor
646 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Curreri viaggi

I have used the curreri many times and never ever had problems to find a seat. you cannot pre-book, but you will purchase the ticket on board at €10. worst come the worst you can still get the next run or catch thr alibus (€3), for the train station.

Chester
Level Contributor
4 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Curreri viaggi

Thank you for the prompt response - Curreri Viaggi it is then!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Curreri viaggi

I did check with them once, and the "no prebooking" policy is deliberate!

In winter they do only 6 daily runs in each direction, 12 at the height of the season, dropping to 8 by October - with 50 or so seats on each bus (vehicles we'd probably describe as coaches in the UK !).

But do check this, for exactly where at the airport one now catches them, as some threads here predate the changes...

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde/alibus

Peter

Chester
Level Contributor
4 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Curreri viaggi

Thanks Peter, that's really useful.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Curreri viaggi

I too want to use Curreri from Naples airport to Sorrento but I get a blank page when I enter www.curreriviaggi.it - are they still in business?

If they are, where is the luggage stored for the journey - my wife and I will have 1 medium sized suitcase each. And do you know the address of the bus stop in Sorrento please.

Many thanks in advance.

Edited: 03 July 2013, 21:58
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Curreri viaggi

Try starting from...

www.curreriviaggi.it/inglese/E_index.html

The vehicles they use would be called "coaches" in England - rather than buses - with luggage going in a big space underneath the passenger cabin!

In Sorrento, they drop you near the train station

www.unicocampania.it/files/mappe/sorrento.pdf

Peter

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Curreri viaggi

Hi Peter and everyone!

Thanks for all the helpful tips, websites, etc. Would I be correct in thinking that you still get the Currei bus from outside the Arrivals building in Naples airport? Our hotel destination is in Sant Agnello.

Many thanks -

Patrick

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Curreri viaggi

No!

Since the start of last month - I think it was - the bus stops have all been shifted AGAIN, and they're now some couple of hundred yards further down the road that leads away from the airport.

Curreri have tried to explain it on their website, "The boarding point on our buses, in Naples APT, has been moved to OUTSIDE AREA Parking P1.".... but just keep your eyes open - sure to be signs!

Peter

Edited: 04 July 2013, 12:04
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Curreri viaggi

At the foot of this page, the airport's parking map, showing a car park labelled as "P1"...

…gesac.it/portal/…Macchina

Peter

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Curreri viaggi

Thanks very much for this Peter, Pity about the re-location, but not too far for the missus!

Patrick

Reply to: Curreri viaggi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted