We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

little help with transport please

essex
Level Contributor
333 posts
367 reviews
Save Topic
little help with transport please

we arrive at naples airport friday morning at 7.10am and are staying at the hotel prestige in sorrento , Via Nastro Azzurro 23.

1---There is a airport shuttle bus on www.curreriviaggi.it/inglese/E_index.html that list a 12 euro fare to the amalfi coast but it days state door to door so does that mean it will stop outside my hotel for 12 euro a head ?? or will it stop elsewhere.

2-- I have downloaded the sita bus timetables but am clueless as which bus route passes the hotel.The amalfi positino sorrento route shows a stop at bivo s agata (n/verde) with busses about every 40 mins around midday , is that our bus stop ?

3-- should i be using the airport to amalfi or the airport to sorrento transfer bus as if its not door to door which is the easiest way back to the prestige. I ask this because the hotel run a shuttle to and from plazza tassio but not sure we will get there in time for the last morning shuttle return.

4--As the hotel is tucked away on the cliff top and we have been advised the taxi costs to and from town are quite high as we do plan to try and use their shuttle into town am for our day trips and then need to get back mid afternoon most days to enjoy the hotel before out for the evenings so will be a bit reliant i assume on the sita bus route.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: little help with transport please

1 No, their shuttle to the AC resorts costs €150 for up to an initial 3 passengers, and then €12 for any extras!

On their bus from the airport to Sorrento, which terminates near the Circumvesuviana station, tickets are €10 per person...

Peter

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: little help with transport please

If you are actually landing at 07:10, then you'll be in plenty of time for the first Curreri bus from the airport at 09:00 - which will get you to Sorrento some 75 minutes later.... if delayed, there are then others at 11:00, then 13:00...

But that first one should easily see you in Sorrento with time to walk to where the hotel's own shuttle runs from - which isn't, as I read it, Piazza Tasso!!!!

hotelprestigesorrento.com/en/free_shuttle_bu…

(Note that you should probably reserve a place on that, and maybe print the detail sheet?)

And perhaps zooming in on this map of the town will show you more clearly quite where Via Fuorimura is... with their "meeting place" (I'd guess) labelled on it as Piazza Gangi...

www.unicocampania.it/files/mappe/sorrento.pdf

For the suggested alternative, the SITA bus service from Sorrento to Amalfi, I take their words to mean that you need to catch one of those with an entry for "Bivio S.Agata (N.Verde)" on this timetable - valid until 10 June...

sitasudtrasporti.it/public/…5070.pdf

viz: any of the daily (G) or Mon/Sat (F) departures from Sorrento at... 08:30, 09:00, 09:15, 09:30, 10:00 etc

This other bus map may help match the routes to the hotel's location - with the 'forbidden' buses going round through Piano di Sorrento and Meta instead!

www.unicocampania.it/files/mappe/costiera.pdf

But, all being well, with the first Curreri bus, you'll be there for the shuttle....

Peter

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde

Edited: 13 May 2013, 15:55
essex
Level Contributor
333 posts
367 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: little help with transport please

Hi Peter, thanks for all details in your reply. I must have had a brain lapse when posting that we arrive at 7.10 as it's 9.50am so as we have no hold luggage we will be getting the 11.00 bus from the airport. The hotel have very generously offered to send out an extra shuttle to collect us from the train station or where abouts at 12.15 so that part is now sorted.Thanks for confirming the bus route as i had already printed off the 5070 bus route hoping it was correct. I don't understand the meaning of the " forbidden buses". I am also confused on the sita bus route back to the hotel from amalfi, do you have to change buses prior to n/verde ?

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: little help with transport please

Hi!

Some seasons it's been rather clearer - with the timetable showing departures for the three variants of that route (described now as via Meta, via Priora and via Massalubrense) marked in three different colours (and titled back then as "via Meta", "via Massa Lubrense" and "via Nastro Verde")...

Whilst all three routes eventually meet up again - and continue on to Amalfi - the 'forbidden' ones go to Massalubrense first (looping too far west for your needs) or to Meta initially (going too far to the east).... with the others (going through Priora, and taking a road that's actually named the "Via Nastro Azzuro") being those you'd want, as they pass near your hotel!

Similarly, on the way back from Amalfi only the Priora route passes the hotel... with any following either of the others you'd have to go into town and then out again - on one that did, by shuttle or by taxi? (Or indeed try getting off before the split, and waiting for one of the right sort to come along... but at the risk of it being full?)

That's what the hotel is trying to point out with... "In alternative you can easily reach the hotel through a public bus. The bus terminal is the train station of Sorrento, the company is "Sita", direction is Amalfi - Via Nastro Verde. The same service has a stop right outside the Hotel and reaches the Amalfi Coast."

That wording probably makes little sense now that the route's description on the timetable has changed (and you might even mention it to them?) - but I'm sure all will seem much more straightforward once you're there!

Peter

5. Re: little help with transport please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2014, 05:19