We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Italy Wedding protocol-tipping for photographer and planner?

Chicago< Illionois
Level Contributor
59 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Italy Wedding protocol-tipping for photographer and planner?

We will be getting married soon in Ravello-with a very small wedding just the 2 of us, plus 6-8 guests.

Does anyone know the proper protocol for tipping the photographer and the wedding planner. In the US we tip all the time, but I know it is different in Italy.

We do not want to be cheap, but are paying a lot for minimum service as our wedding is so simple and small.

Any help on if tipping, what would be the appropriate percentage or amount would be very helpful.

Grazie!

J30
Europe
Level Contributor
707 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Italy Wedding protocol-tipping for photographer and planner?

I think that 50 Euro is enough.

New York
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Italy Wedding protocol-tipping for photographer and planner?

wedding planers and photographers do not expect to get tips while they are professionists and well paid for this.

In case, just in case they give you an extra service that you would never expect, then this will be a good reason for a tip.

Wish you a wonderful wedding day

Chicago< Illionois
Level Contributor
59 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Italy Wedding protocol-tipping for photographer and planner?

Thank you!! We just want to do the right thing, but not continue to pay above and beyond for services built in.

UK
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Italy Wedding protocol-tipping for photographer and planner?

Hi June Ravello Bride

I'm marrying next June. I think you used La calla as wedding planners. Would you recommend them? What did they do for you?

Any comments would be gratefully received.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
767 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Italy Wedding protocol-tipping for photographer and planner?

Hi,

We had a very small wedding this year, like you just 6 of us.

Although we didn't tip the photographer, we did give our planner a bouquet of flowers as were so grateful to her for a wonderful day. I know thats her job but it was beyond what we were expecting.

I did send thank you cards to eveyone involved as well.

NikkiJ

UK
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Italy Wedding protocol-tipping for photographer and planner?

Hi NikkiJ

Who was your wedding planner and where did you hold your wedding? Any info on your special day would be great.

Thanks

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
767 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Italy Wedding protocol-tipping for photographer and planner?

Hi PK21

We got married at the cloisters and we had the reception at Relais Blu.

Please read "Relais Blu.........the best wedding reception venue ever"

We booked our wedding through "Magic of Italy" and it was their wedding planner Marisa who organised it all.

If you want to see my pics please post your e-mail address and I'll arrange through Imagestation.com

Anthing else I can help you on, please let me know.

NikkiJ

Chicago< Illionois
Level Contributor
59 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Italy Wedding protocol-tipping for photographer and planner?

Yes-we used LaCalla and they were wonderful. They arrange all of the document signings, got my flowers(which I picked via the internet based on some examples, but you can send them what you what), they arrange photographer, they shipped my wedding dress/shoes/etc back for me as we didn't want to carry anymore, etc.

I would highly recommend them!

9. Re: Italy Wedding protocol-tipping for photographer and planner?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2008, 13:09
london
Level Contributor
97 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Italy Wedding protocol-tipping for photographer and planner?

Hi,

We have just got back from our honeymoon after an amazing wedding in Ravello.

We also used La Calla and they were excellent in every way and lovely people too. We really couldn't have done it without them and we would highly recommend them to anyone thinking of using a planner.

Let me know if you need any more infor regarding photographer, florist etc as everyone we used went above and beyond what we asked for. Our day was perfect!

Have fun planning!