We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Organised trip to Paestum

Gods Own Country
Level Contributor
133 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Organised trip to Paestum

Has anyone been on a Thomson's organised trip to Paestum, and if so what did you think to the times you had in Salerno, 1st port of call 1hour, then onto Paestum in time for lunch and free time there, and the amount of travelling it takes to get you there..

I usually do at least one organised trip, this one I have picked from a few they do as the others I feel I can do myself.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Yorkshirelas2

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Organised trip to Paestum

Only a guess, but do they perhaps send you on this one?

www.goldentours.it/en/salerno_e_paestum.php

If so, try searching the forum - as I'm sure there have been some posts about it!

Peter

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,840 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Organised trip to Paestum

From what I remember in Salerno we visited the Cathedral , it was interesting,

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g187781-d2…

Gods Own Country
Level Contributor
133 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Organised trip to Paestum

Will do Peter, thank you.

Gods Own Country
Level Contributor
133 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Organised trip to Paestum

Thank you for your response.

Gods Own Country
Level Contributor
133 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Organised trip to Paestum

Actually now thinking about it were travelling with Citalia, anyone been to Paestum through them?

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Organised trip to Paestum

Similarly, if it's only offered on Tuesdays, they're very probably flogging you tickets for the Goldentours outing!

But if you haven't kept up with the changes of ownership, note that both Citalia and Thomson are part of the wider TUI AG group of travel companies...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TUI_AG

Peter

Gods Own Country
Level Contributor
133 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Organised trip to Paestum

Hi Peter,

Yes, I knew Citalia was part of Thomson & TUI Group.

The hotel we are staying in was offered by Thomson last year, but this only Citalia side of group this. Although we are booked through Citalia, we are on a Thomsons flight and our transfer to Sorrento is through Acampora Travel, Naples. Not sure now if it was their excursions I was looking at, will have to check again on web.

I will see if I can find feedback for Golden Tours, I seem to remember somebody saying they went on a tour down Amalfi Coast and part of tour was missed off, wont be doing that one!

Thanks for your input.

Regards

Not long now before we are in Sorrento, it's our first time, we usually go to Lake Garda but decided on a change. We will be visiting Ischia whilst we are in Sorrento.

Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
2,611 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Organised trip to Paestum

<I will see if I can find feedback for Golden Tours, I seem to remember somebody saying they went on a tour down Amalfi Coast and part of tour was missed off, wont be doing that one!>

I remember seeing that comment sometime ago, it refered to the fact that the tour did not actually go into Positano itself. However coaches are not able to go into Positano, so no coach trip will be able to do so. Some years ago when I was in Sorrento I went on the Golden Tours Amalfi Coast trip and the coach parks above Positano and you are able to get out and view it from above. I was quite satisfied with the trip since I particularly wanted to visit Ravello and that is one way of doing it without having to hire a private car.

In regard to your trip to Paestum it is another place difficult to visit from Sorrento by public transport so the coach option is worth pursueing.

Gods Own Country
Level Contributor
133 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Organised trip to Paestum

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, it was Acampora who do the trip to Paestum, would not try to do this myself, might have to re-post and ask if anyone been through this company.

We will be going down Amafi coast, and to Ravello, but doing it ourselves, going by bus, coming back via ferry, hopefully.

Regards

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,840 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Organised trip to Paestum

I always feel the Amalfi drive is best done on an organised tour, the views are beautiful not best from a crowded bus, as said not coach tours take in Positano, as they cannot get down there but lovely views

from above, other tours are easily done under your own steam, not Paestum,