We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Best Wedding Reception Venue ever...........Relais Blu

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
810 posts
89 reviews
73 helpful votes
The Best Wedding Reception Venue ever...........Relais Blu

Hi All,

I thought i would just share my choice of reception venue following our wedding at the Cloisters Sorrento!!

Our wedding planner Marisa recommended Relais Blu, its a small luxury hotel about 20 mins from Sorrento. Its high in the hills with the most amazing views of the coast and Capri from its fantastic Terrace.

Marisa took us to meet the owner/manager Antonino four days before the wedding. When we arrived at the hotel we walked onto the terrace and were totally speechless with the views. We sat with Antonino on the terrace and created the most gorgeous menu.!

We arrived at the relais after the wedding, we walked through to the terrace with our (4) guests and like us they were totaly blown away with the views. We had drinks and appetizers on the terrace before going through to the dining room. Yet again a very stylish room with its own terrace and amazing views. We had a four course meal along with a wedding cake. It really was one of the best meals we have ever had. The staff were very attentive and very professional.

Although the hotel was full you felt like the whole place was just yours. It felt very exclusive!!! After dinner we went back onto the terrace for cocktails whilst watching a gorgeous sunset!

We were quoted a very reasonable price per person and that included transport from Sorrento and return, sparkling wine and appetizers on the terrace, 4 course meal with wine. The relais also printed personnel menu's and supplied gorgeous flowers for the dining table.

We felt this venue really was the icing on the cake!! Even now we just cannot believe how lucky we were that our wedding planner found this venue!!

I have some glorious pics, so if anyone wants to ask me any questions or see my pics please give me your e-mail address!!

Ciao!

NikkiJ

lisburn, northern...
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
1. Re: The Best Wedding Reception Venue ever...........Relais Blu

hi nikkie, your wedding sounded absolutley wonderful!!! congratulations!! Can you send me your pictures. bubbleraindrop@yahoo.co.uk. am getting married in sorrento in sep. Do you mind me asking if you used a professional photographer? am having trouble arranging one within our price range, which would be about £600. thanks

ireland
1 post
2. Re: The Best Wedding Reception Venue ever...........Relais Blu

Hi Nikkij,

Congratulations on your wedding sounds right up our street we ar planning our wedding for September next year and would love to see the pictures and any details you have.... did you have any problem organising flowers etc.. while there ... Who did you travel through and who was your wedding co-ordinater. A Huge thanks

Tom

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
810 posts
89 reviews
73 helpful votes
3. Re: The Best Wedding Reception Venue ever...........Relais Blu

Hi Tomlou,

We booked through Magic Of Italy who then put us in contact with their wedding planner Marisa who spoke perfect english. Marisa, was absoluetly great and organised the flowers, transport, photographer, music at the ceremony and the reception. All we had to do when we arrived was go to the Relais to have a look and organise our menu! It was a stress free experience........

I have read alot of stories on this forum where quite a few travel companies did not let people know what day they were getting married until they arrived in Italy, which I think is bad practice! We booked in March 2006 and were given a choice of dates and times that were available.

I really cannot praise Magic of Italy enough!

If you give me your e-mail address I'll send you pictures.

Regards

NikkiJ

Cambridge
Level Contributor
58 posts
18 reviews
86 helpful votes
4. Re: The Best Wedding Reception Venue ever...........Relais Blu

Hi there, sounds like a fab venue! I might have to get in touch with them for inclusion in the guide. I'd love it if you could send me some photos so I can see what it's like - my email is amarriagemade@ntlworld.com

uk
Level Contributor
64 posts
3 reviews
11 helpful votes
5. Re: The Best Wedding Reception Venue ever...........Relais Blu

Hi nikkij,

The whole sorrento wedding experience sounds absolutley fabulous. I am getting married at the cloisters next June and again like all the other replys I would love to see your pics if its not too much trouble. Please e-mail to janawaynorris@aol.com.

We were thinking of going to O'Parrucchiano for our reception but your pics may change our minds.

If its not too rude to ask how much per head was your meal? Just include in the e-mail if thats ok.

Congrats and future happiness

Jayne

x

Cumbria
3 posts
6. Re: The Best Wedding Reception Venue ever...........Relais Blu

Hi Nikki,

Like the others I would love to see a couple of pics of your wedding and reception venues. We have a wedding planned for september and can't wait. (patricia@taylor9535.freeserve.co.uk)

Many Thanks

san francisco
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
7. Re: The Best Wedding Reception Venue ever...........Relais Blu

Nikki, I know you are getting clobbered with emails but I would love to see the pictures! I am naive , but tonight is the first I have heard about the Sorrento Cloisters. Is it a Catholic church? I am getting married in Italy next summer. Any pictures you could fwd along to :

jillciarimboli@yahoo.com

would be appreciated ! thank so much!

did you use a wedding planner?

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
810 posts
89 reviews
73 helpful votes
8. Re: The Best Wedding Reception Venue ever...........Relais Blu

Hi Jilly4 and Raz,

I apologise for the delay in sending photos, I'm trying to set up something online so everyone can see them if they wish. I should have it set up tonight! It will enable you to see much more pictures.

Jilly4

The cloisters is the place where civil wedding ceremonies take place. Its a beauiful place for a wedding!!

Regards

NikkiJ

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
810 posts
89 reviews
73 helpful votes
9. Re: The Best Wedding Reception Venue ever...........Relais Blu

Hi Jilly4,

Sorry forgot to say....

I booked my wedding through Magicof Italy, they put me in touch with their wedding planner who then organised everything. I cannot praise them enough. It was a stress free experience!

NikkiJ

Dublin, rep of...
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
10. Re: The Best Wedding Reception Venue ever...........Relais Blu

Hi nikkij

I am going to sorrento on holiday in sept to have a look at a few wedding venues, could you please send me your photos.

Congrats on your beautiful wedding by the way.

You mentioned that you got married in the cloisters? What is that?

And did you stay in the hotel you had your reception in?

© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.