We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Best Wedding Reception Venue ever...........Relais Blu

Which Sorrento hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
762 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
The Best Wedding Reception Venue ever...........Relais Blu

Hi All,

I thought i would just share my choice of reception venue following our wedding at the Cloisters Sorrento!!

Our wedding planner Marisa recommended Relais Blu, its a small luxury hotel about 20 mins from Sorrento. Its high in the hills with the most amazing views of the coast and Capri from its fantastic Terrace.

Marisa took us to meet the owner/manager Antonino four days before the wedding. When we arrived at the hotel we walked onto the terrace and were totally speechless with the views. We sat with Antonino on the terrace and created the most gorgeous menu.!

We arrived at the relais after the wedding, we walked through to the terrace with our (4) guests and like us they were totaly blown away with the views. We had drinks and appetizers on the terrace before going through to the dining room. Yet again a very stylish room with its own terrace and amazing views. We had a four course meal along with a wedding cake. It really was one of the best meals we have ever had. The staff were very attentive and very professional.

Although the hotel was full you felt like the whole place was just yours. It felt very exclusive!!! After dinner we went back onto the terrace for cocktails whilst watching a gorgeous sunset!

We were quoted a very reasonable price per person and that included transport from Sorrento and return, sparkling wine and appetizers on the terrace, 4 course meal with wine. The relais also printed personnel menu's and supplied gorgeous flowers for the dining table.

We felt this venue really was the icing on the cake!! Even now we just cannot believe how lucky we were that our wedding planner found this venue!!

I have some glorious pics, so if anyone wants to ask me any questions or see my pics please give me your e-mail address!!

Ciao!

NikkiJ

Cheshire
14 posts
Save Reply
61. Re: The Best Wedding Reception Venue ever...........Relais Blu

Hi Anne,

Can you tell me how you already have your date for the Cloisters? I am wanting to get married in May 07, but have been told that I can't have a date until the end of the year. Any help would be greatfully recieved.

Thanks

Cat

Falkirk
7 posts
Save Reply
62. Re: The Best Wedding Reception Venue ever...........Relais Blu

Hi Nikki,

Hope you are having a good weekend.

Thank you!, i can't wait to see your pictures. Your advice is and has been invaluable and i'm sure i'll be picking your brain in the future!

Anne xx

Falkirk
7 posts
Save Reply
63. Re: The Best Wedding Reception Venue ever...........Relais Blu

Hi Cat,

Hope you are well. We've chosen two dates when we were booking up but the confirmation won't be through until January which i think is quite common. It means we've a rough idea of when it'll be. Are you in a similar situation?

Anne xx

Falkirk
7 posts
Save Reply
64. Re: The Best Wedding Reception Venue ever...........Relais Blu

Hi Nikki,

Your pictures are wonderful, it looked like a fabulous day. Thank you so much for letting me see them. You flowers were also really lovely. Thanks again for your help.

Anne xx

Cheshire
14 posts
Save Reply
65. Re: The Best Wedding Reception Venue ever...........Relais Blu

Hi Anne,

Yes I am in the same situation. We have a lot of people coming over and to be honest it is a real pain not being able to book a date. But I've been told there is nothing we can do about this! We are looking at the Foreigners Club for the reception because of the huge amount of people coming over. Do you have plans for your reception yet?

Who are you booking through?

Cat x

Falkirk
7 posts
Save Reply
66. Re: The Best Wedding Reception Venue ever...........Relais Blu

Hi Cat,

we booked through a travel agent who is also a friend. We decided on the Imperial Tramontano. We anticipate about 30 guests and many have been really good and booked for the week we hope the wedding will be. It's a shame because you can't go ahead and arrange anything because there's no set date and its risky for the guests.

How are you arranging your booking? Have you found any problems so far?

Annexx

Cheshire
14 posts
Save Reply
67. Re: The Best Wedding Reception Venue ever...........Relais Blu

Hi Anne,

It's really difficult to know if people are pulling the wool over your eyes...and telling you one thing but really just want to get as much money out of you as possible. I have gone thru a travel agency. I'm glad that you've been told the same as me regarding the date. I am currently talking with a lady from another part of Italy. What I like about this situation is that the lady is actually scottish but has lived over there planning weddings for 18 years! It would be nice to be able to liase with her directly. I am really open minded to either. Unfortunately it always has to come down to money.

We are expecting over 100 guests so things could get pricey!

Keep me updated on yours...

Cat x

Cheshire
14 posts
Save Reply
68. Re: The Best Wedding Reception Venue ever...........Relais Blu

Hi Anne,

Me again!

How odd that we have both gone for 25 as our numbers! That's my lucky number that's why I chose it!

x

Falkirk
7 posts
Save Reply
69. Re: The Best Wedding Reception Venue ever...........Relais Blu

Hi Cat,

It's my lucky number too!! That is great you are talking to someone over there, i feel like the blind leading the blind when my guests ask about the wedding. That's why his forum has been so helpful. Nikki's been great with her tips and advice as its good to know companies she has used that were good.

If you don't mind me asking how did you get in touch with your contact in Italy, was this through your booking? Wow you are having a lot of guests over there, that'll be amazing!!!

The one thing i do worry about is transporting my dress, i really want to avoid it going in the hold so i can keep an eye on it but this seems even less possible now.

Anne xx

Cheshire
14 posts
Save Reply
70. Re: The Best Wedding Reception Venue ever...........Relais Blu

Hi Anne,

How weird! I've never met anyone who has that as their lucky number! random!

Would you like to email my hotmail account instead of going thru this forum.

catdouglas2003@hotmail.com

In answer to your question...I am considering a place called Cattolica. It's quite a bit up north but looks stunning. I am in touch with a Scottish lady over there who is lovely and I really like to have the contact with someone who is actually there. Plus I could have a confirmed date in a week which helps with planning. Flights are a lot cheaper and so is the accomodation. Plus it's very personal.

Have a look at their website: www.dreamacademy.it

I am actually going to drive to Italy and then take our honey moon driving back home.

Therefore taking the dress in the car.

x