We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from Naples to Sorrento in the evening

York
4 posts
Save Topic
Travelling from Naples to Sorrento in the evening

Can anyone help me? I land in Naples at around 20:45 and need to get to Sorrento, I think I can take a taxi to the station and then hopefully catch the 21:37 train. If I miss this are there any other options apart from a taxi??

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,813 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling from Naples to Sorrento in the evening

Taxi from Naples train station will cost about 70 euro

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling from Naples to Sorrento in the evening

If you MISS the LAST Circumvesuviana TRAIN to Sorrento, there is a substitute BUS at 22:40 which arrives in Sorrento at 0:10. The BUS departs from the Piazzetta Circumvesuviana (Circumvesuviana terminus station) in central Naples (about 600 meters from Napoli Centrale train station). Tell the taxi driver to drop you directly in this small square to board the BUS to Sorrento. Don't walk there at night, it's not delightful.

eavcampania.it/web/content/scarica-orario-fe…

(Click on "Napoli-Sorrento" under the heading: "Supporto Bus Linee Circumvesuviana")

Edited: 05 August 2013, 01:53
UK
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling from Naples to Sorrento in the evening

The taxi fare fixed rate (24 hour) from either Naples airport or train station to Sorrento is 100 euro. Pre booked private transfers are cheaper.

Between airport and station fixed fare 16 euro. In both cases agree the fare before you get in the taxi.

Perhaps take a copy of the rates (third down on top right of page) from this link with you.

…napoli.it/flex/…

York
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling from Naples to Sorrento in the evening

Fantastic thank you for your help!

Lighthouse Point...
Level Contributor
19 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling from Naples to Sorrento in the evening

I'd arrange a car and driver; Naples train station is a scary place. We didn't have firm plans and got stuck paying 120 euro for a taxi with no air conditioning! This was the middle of the day, so I'd be very cautious especially at night.

York
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling from Naples to Sorrento in the evening

what's the best way to arrange a prebooked private transfer? Given that Naples seems to be a less then desirable place to be at night, I think that this might be my preferred option. Plus do I really need the hassle of a taxi from the airport to the station, then a train and probably another taxi at the other end to get to the hotel.

UK
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling from Naples to Sorrento in the evening

Here are some popular Sorrento transfer companies, you can ask them for a quote. A door to door service is better value, local taxis in Sorrento are very expensive.

www.gianpierofiorentino.com

www.johnnystourservice.com

www.amalfi-drive.com

www.autoservizidemartino.com

http://www.sorrentocars.com/

http://www.transferelax.com/

It might be worthwhile asking your hotel as well. Most have arrangements with local firms.

Edited: 11 August 2013, 00:19
York
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Travelling from Naples to Sorrento in the evening

Brilliant! Thank you.

I had already tried the Hotel and they were happy to arrange a transfer for 145 euro's which I thought was abit steep!

Will try your suggested companies.

Sorrento
Level Contributor
567 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travelling from Naples to Sorrento in the evening

How many stars has the hotel?

Get a quote directly from the agencies suggested!

10. Re: Travelling from Naples to Sorrento in the evening

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2014, 05:16