We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sorrento, Almalfi Coast and Capri Express Trip Report

Which Sorrento hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new jersey
Level Contributor
385 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Sorrento, Almalfi Coast and Capri Express Trip Report

Hello Everyone!

Sorrento for 4 days

Arrived to this beautiful place from Florence via Naples (Italotrain) and switched to the Circunvenciana train to Sorrento last stop. Easy! The train station is in the heart of Sorrento!

Day 1 - Check at our wonderful located Hotel Del Corso, a very nice place with it's own terrace with breakfast included! A plus!

Nicely decorated and with rather large rooms! Il Duomo Gelateria within a block across the street, don't forget to try the Menta Graniti, it's delicious and so are their coffee and pastries!

Sorrento was my very favorite place to be and stroll the streets all day and all night! Went down to the Grand Marina and explored the public and private beach, so nice! What a view. Also, walked around the Port as well, take the stairs down, the view is very nice from above as well as the stairs to the Grand Marina!

Day 2 -

We again spent the day getting to know Sorrento and it's beautiful places, the views, stores, etc. We arrived pretty late from Florence on the first day...

Day 3 - We hired a driver for a private tour of the Almalfi Coast (Johnny Maresca), what a wonderful way to tour the coast and to stop over in Positano and Ravelo. This is a most trip to do, we spent a couple of hours at each place and made different stops... Positano is just beautiful and unique, the walk in the town and the beach is just amazing and the beach is so nice. We stop for a quick bite at a small pizza place " Pizzeria Positano", best pizza I ate in Italy, seriously!

Ravelo was just as fantastic as Positano. These towns have a view you will always remember! A must do while on the Amalfi Coast.

Our driver was a native from Sorrento and his knowledge and tour is very good!

The Amalfi Coast drive is very exotic with breathtaking views of the Coast. I took soooo many pictures!

Day 3 - Capri & Ana Capri

We just went to the Port and took one of the fast boats early in the morning, around 9am. We purchased our round trip tickets and returned at 6:45pm. This time allows you to visit both places with ample time without rushing. The ride is very nice and it's approximately 40 minutes!

Capri is a very beautiful Island. You can hike up to Capri from the bottom as we did, if is fresh weather, it is steep to climb up! If you dont mind you can do it, if not take the lift.

Once you reach Capri, you can walk to the very tip of this Island, thruout the stores, it takes a while but you will see many beautiful views.

From Capri, we went to Ana Capri. You need to take a local bus from Capri, it will take about 15 to 20 minutes to get to Ana Capri. Be prepared to be in a full bus, get to Ana Capri and then once you tour the town, take the Cable Chair to the top of Ana Capri for a very high in the clouds view of Capri. This town is small but unique as well. There is a coffee shop on top of this mountain were you can stay and enjoy the magnificent view!

In Ana Capri, stores and restaurants are least expensive than Capri.

Day 4 - So long Sorrento! We left to Rome!

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
186 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sorrento, Almalfi Coast and Capri Express Trip Report

Thanks so much for your report. I am headed to Sorrento in three weeks and look forward to taking it all in. Might I ask what the cost was for the private driver?

new jersey
Level Contributor
385 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sorrento, Almalfi Coast and Capri Express Trip Report

In box me please

cheshire
Level Contributor
164 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sorrento, Almalfi Coast and Capri Express Trip Report

Thank you for this report we leave in a weeks time can't wait 1st time in sorrento just live Italy and the people.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sorrento, Almalfi Coast and Capri Express Trip Report

What a wonderful, detailed report, thanks for sharing and hopefully you'll manage to post a Rome report.

entebbe
Level Contributor
33 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sorrento, Almalfi Coast and Capri Express Trip Report

Hello I would also like to know what the driver cost please and how long was the trip with him? Thank you.

6. Re: Sorrento, Almalfi Coast and Capri Express Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2014, 06:19