We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Continental Sorrento.

Plymouth
5 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Continental Sorrento.

My husband and I are off to Sorrento this week staying at The Continental Hotel. Has anyone stayed there recently and if so could you let me have your opinion of the hotel, location, pool, food etc.We have booked a sea view room so am hoping to be able to sit on the balcony in the evening and take in the views.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,243 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Continental Sorrento.

I was there three years ago, I believe i has had a make over since then, I would say its the best hotel I have stayed in in Sorrento and there have been a quite a few, T he last time we were there we had a sea view and we was on the top floor, marvelous, the front of the hotel s sideways on to the sea, so you get the best of both worlds sea view one way the hills the other way, lovely pool area, and its so central , but very peaceful and short walk down to the Marina Grande,

herefordshire, uk
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Continental Sorrento.

hello there, how did you get on at the continental am thinking of booking up for August but would value your opinion before I do many thanks

Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Continental Sorrento.

Hi - We stayed there Easter 2008 and August 2008 and loved it.

Well located, short walk to Corso Italia but great views. We were lucky enough to be top floor(4th) with seaview both times.

Only ate breakfast there which was more than adequate so can't comment on dinners.

Decor is very pleasant and certainly appears to have been completely refurbished in recent years.

Staff could not have been more helpful, we got married at Villa Fondi last August and hotel arranged transportation for us, guests, trip to Capri and accommodation for guests. All were very pleasant and professional, nothing was too much trouble.

Collette

Level Contributor
94 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Continental Sorrento.

I stayed for 2 weeks last summer. Won't repeat what everyone else has said but I truly loved the hotel and the staff go out of their way to look after you, I could speak quite a few sentences in italian after my visit. The food in the evening was of good standard and never repeated. It's the only time I have tasted tomato soup and deemed it better than heinz! I am not a fan of veal or beef so sometimes I ordered two starters and had one as a main instead, on one occassion they made me a simple pasta dish as I wasn't keen on the mains. The sweet trolley is too tempting to miss. Breakfast is the usual continental with some scrambled eggs and bacon/sausage thrown in but to be honest I stuck with cereal toast fruit etc as it was of better quality. You'll have a blast in the Continental!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Continental Sorrento.

Just to point out this post is 3 years old:)

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,243 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Continental Sorrento.

Maybe so but from what I have heard since pre renovation days it has much improved, I had no complaints before,

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Continental Sorrento.

Sophie8, I just meant that the person was asking the original poster how they go on.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,243 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Continental Sorrento.

Realise that, but someone is asking more recently, who want to go in August ,

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Continental Sorrento.

I only meant the original poster pizzafan was unlikely to answer him/herself, obviously people who have been recently have been able to answer.

10. Re: Hotel Continental Sorrento.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2010, 06:17