We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Group tours from Sorrento to PO, AdMALFI & RAVELLO

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Group tours from Sorrento to PO, AdMALFI & RAVELLO

Traveling through Italy for 2 weeks and going to Sorrento this weekend November 16 & 17. I am having trouble finding budget friendly group tours from Sorrento to POSITANO, AMALFI & RAVELLO one day and Capri another day for 2 adults. I have done hours of research and can only seem to find private tours (I have been quoted 220 to 300 euro for two people for the Amalfi Drive) or group tours that stopped running operating until 2014.

I didn't think I would have trouble so I waited until the last minute and was also thinking I can look for local tour group advertising their services once we arrive November 15 evening. Looks like I might be wrong. Please help me with any advice. THANKS!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,923 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Group tours from Sorrento to PO, AdMALFI & RAVELLO

This area is a breeze to do on your own especially at this time of year when traffic on the Amalfi Coast road is so much lighter; grab the bus at the Sorrento bus/train station (less than 10 euros for the day - SITA bus), take it to Amalfi, get the bus up to Ravello - enjoy Ravello, bus back down to Amalfi - explore it then bus to Positano, then bus from Positano to Sorrento. The villages do not need a guide - at all. Just grab your guidebook or one in Sorrento and off you go -

You could also opt to go to Positano first, then to Amalfi, up to Ravello, down to Amalfi and bus back to Sorrento. This is all a lot for one day; I would do two of these at most so I could actually enjoy them and soak up atmosphere and wander a bit, have a leisurely lunch, drink, etc. If I were choosing, I would go to Positano and Ravello.

www.positano.com

www.amalficoastweb.com

Capri too is a snap - hop on the boat and start to explore; most of the island is pedestrian only so you wouldn't be in a vehicle and, again, a tour is just unnecessary: www.capri.net - lots of interesting spots to visit there including ancient ruins and beautiful hikes.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
26,045 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Group tours from Sorrento to PO, AdMALFI & RAVELLO

Good advice from MC. On Capri, don't miss this one.

www.villasanmichele.eu/

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Group tours from Sorrento to PO, AdMALFI & RAVELLO

Many thanks everyone! We self explored without tour group as you all suggested and it was easy. Thank you for the advice and giving us the confidence to do it on our own.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,923 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Group tours from Sorrento to PO, AdMALFI & RAVELLO

Great to hear! Were the buses very crowded - or were they manageable?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Group tours from Sorrento to PO, AdMALFI & RAVELLO

Bus was easily managed...just 10% to 30% filled. Mostly tourists. The only difficult part was reading the timetables, with which those at information kiosks helped.

6. Re: Group tours from Sorrento to PO, AdMALFI & RAVELLO

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2014, 06:17