We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Circumvesuviana Train Strike

Which Sorrento hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
3 posts
Save Topic
Circumvesuviana Train Strike

Hi,

I just traveled from Rome to Sorrento via Naples and ran into a train strike on the Circumvesuviana line. I have already purchased a 3-day ticket for the major archaeological sites and am trying to figure out whether there will be another strike. When I input the travel date December 18, I get a N/A message. Does anyone know if that means there is a strike all day on Wednesday or how I can find out for myself? Google searches aren't helping and I can't find info on the eav website about a strike.

Sorrento
Level Contributor
485 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Circumvesuviana Train Strike

Thestrike was today until 1 pm and that's it. Anyway your always find info on the eav website on the left of the page

Turin
Level Contributor
4,892 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Circumvesuviana Train Strike

Today's strike was planned and announced days, if not weeks, ago. As expected it lasted only four hours, but nobody expected that Circumvesuviana railway workers would join it despite their own Unions had told them not to do so. I'm afraid this is another sign of the raising anger around the country.

I can't see any N/A on http://www.eavcampania.it/web/orario for the 18th.

Are you looking for Circumvesuviana Trains on trenitalia.com? They are 2 different companies.

Trenitalia says N/A when they don't want to show the price of a train ticket, it doesn't mean that the train is sold out or it won't run as usual.

3. Re: Circumvesuviana Train Strike

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2014, 05:18