We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental car drop of in Sorrento

Owings Mills...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rental car drop of in Sorrento

We will be driving from Siena to Sorrento, dropping off the car and spending 4nights nights in Sorrento at Piazza Marziale. I'm getting ready to rent the car and trying to figure out what would be the easiest drop off point with the least amount of driving in the city. I'd be very grateful for any help anyone can give me and for ideas about which rental agency I should try first. Thanks.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,076 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental car drop of in Sorrento

Car rental www.auto-europe.com

Route planner www.viamichelin.com

Non EU citizens require an International driving permit for Italy

Be aware of traffic restrictions and ZTL areas roninrome.com/transportation/driving-italy

Regional info www.italia.it/en/home.html

www.discovertuscany.com

www.sorrentotourism.com

Accommodation www.venere.com www.bed-and-breakfast-in-italy.com

Edited: 14 January 2014, 02:03
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,028 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental car drop of in Sorrento

I think that Europcar would probably be the easiest, as it is close to the train station. It is fairly easy to get from there to other parts of the town.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,373 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental car drop of in Sorrento

The drop off is on the main street

http://goo.gl/maps/YYdZJ

it is one way in this area.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
710 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental car drop of in Sorrento

I dropped off a rental car at this location a couple of years ago. The main street/road, Corso Italia (SS145), runs ones-way....from Piazza Tasso it runs one-way going north....and is one way going south. You should get directions to Piazza Tasso and then follow Corso Italia north. The other issue is that the car rental office is closed between 1:00 and 3:00. WE arrived at 1:10 and had to wait 2 hours before we could rental the car. Found a trattoria and had a pizza and wine to pass the time.

Level Contributor
46 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental car drop of in Sorrento

We are doing this same trip in September. I am wondering how the car drop off is myself. Did you go on this trip yet

6. Re: Rental car drop of in Sorrento

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2015, 05:15